Allard's clownfish hosting new LTA...

zooman72

I have had the Allard's in quarantine for a few weeks now, getting him acclimated, and he is doing well, about 1.5" in length. I decided to get him a LTA instead of a BTA as the BTA's available locally were not impressive and too expensive. I have not found any evidence of Allard's hosting a LTA in nature, but figured as part of the clarkii complex that I might get lucky.

Here are a few pics of the results - the LTA (around 4" inflated) had been in the tank for a few days already, and the clown took to it within 3 minutes. Now I am afraid he loves it too much, as the LTA has withdrawn a bit, so hopefully the clown's enthusiasm tapers off...

The aquarium is a BC14 running LED's, and has been up for well over a year, but I got bored with the previous layout and came across the clown (rather rare locally), so the corals were relocated to other aquariums of mine. I am going to keep this one simple... :)

looks nice. The Clarkii complex isn't super picky about their anemones. It's good the clown took to it so soon. Watch the feedings of the LTA, it could quickly outgrow your tank.

looks nice. The Clarkii complex isn't super picky about their anemones. It's good the clown took to it so soon. Watch the feedings of the LTA, it could quickly outgrow your tank.

Thanks.

I was hoping being a "clarkii-type" that it might host sooner rather than later, but this was quick.

I also tend to be a "lite" feeder of my anemones, so hopefully it does not grow too quickly here, and I still might place a RBTA in there.

One other note - I should not have lumped all of the LFS's together - A Reef Creation still has some very nice, reasonably-priced BTA's (more than all of the others here in the Buffalo area combined), and I plan to grab some for the 40B in the near future, but I don't get over there as much as I would like...:)

Back