Alright You Worthless Newbies-Time For an Upgrade.

WaterKeeper

Bogus Information Expert
Premium Member
No, I don't mean I want you to invade Reef Discussions or Advanced Topics. I just want to Warn you feeble Newbie minds that Reef Central is getting a facelift starting late tonight..

Starting in the wee hours of Friday morning, about the same time the tooth fairy leaves two bits under a Newbies' pillow, Reef Central will enter surgery. The computer geeks tell me that "Nothing can go wrong" but that is what they said in the Yule Brenner Movie "WestWorld". Just in case I will instruct your Newbienesses on a emergency action plan.

First of all Don't Panic RC may go down briefly for a few hours during the upgrade. That is most likely on Sunday but if it occurs sooner just ignore the "Reef Central was Attacked by Spongebob and his gang of Square Pants terrorists that soaked up their entire database and website". This type of rumor was rather rampant this past July when the board was down for a day.
  • Beginning tonight new member registration will be turned off. If you have a friend you what to become a member have them wait till next week
  • Posts made this weekend may not be transferred to the new board. Don't start a lengthy tank build thread until the upgrade is finished.
  • Once again, check you PM box and clean it out if possible. It will help speed the upgrade.
  • Outages may occur for brief periods but the board will return shortly thereafter.
  • Things should be back to normal by Monday but don't worry if the new board is a little unstable at first.
  • Prepare yourself for excitement with a new look and feel to the board and a host of new features.

If the board is down for any length of time we have a facebook site and keep checking Upgrade News for details.

Re: Alright You Worthless Newbies-Time For an Upgrade.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15752965#post15752965 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WaterKeeper

[*]Beginning tonight new member registration will be turned off.

:eek: oh no, i don't think i can cope without newbies tom :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15753085#post15753085 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jason2459
I really don't like this new look!!

Preemptive complaint.
:lol:

RC Master Drill Sergeant Tom,

RC Master Drill Sergeant Tom,

I have to say that the data provided is most informative. However, I needed 20 minutes to read it, 19 laughing and 1 to absorb the information. :spin1:

I like the "old" RC ... please don't take it away. Can we have both old and new RCs just like parallel universes? Then we could post useless stuff on one and helpful stuff on the other -- oh wait a minute, we do that now. :lol:

Re: Alright You Worthless Newbies-Time For an Upgrade.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15752965#post15752965 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WaterKeeper
No, I don't mean I want you to invade Reef Discussions or Advanced Topics. I just want to Warn you feeble Newbie minds that Reef Central is getting a facelift starting late tonight..

Starting in the wee hours of Friday morning, about the same time the tooth fairy leaves two bits under a Newbies' pillow, Reef Central will enter surgery. The computer geeks tell me that "Nothing can go wrong" but that is what they said in the Yule Brenner Movie "WestWorld". Just in case I will instruct your Newbienesses on a emergency action plan.

*dons anti-robotic snake boots*

:lol:

Back