Am I Neurotic

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14217610#post14217610 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Whys
Why the heck are you reading my post? My god man! Go check that thing!

Okay... that was a little evil. :]

Evil but, got a laugh out loud from me!!! :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14222568#post14222568 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rgrobe
Just out of curiosity, have you figured out how you will keep the display tank from syphoning to the sump during a power outage? Vacuum break, checkvalves, solenoids?
You have to drill a small hole in the pipes from the pump return just below the waterline. When the water level gets below the hole the air breaks the syphon.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14223300#post14223300 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by IslandCrow
Now, there's a quote! And don't worry, after enough times getting out of bed in the middle of the night because you thought you heard a strange noise coming from the general direction of the tank, you'll be able to check your plumbing, run half a dozen water tests and completely disassemble and reassemble your return pump all while sleepwalking.

That's right on the mark. I was awakened this morning at 1:30 by a strange noise coming from the sunroom. Until my tank gets here I have a hose connecting the supply and return lines and it's a fairly tight radius. The top of the arc had kinked and was restricting the flow. I ran downstairs to the equipment room but everything was okay. Picked up a couple of hose clamps and headed back upstairs and clamped the hose to keep it round and not kinked.
Speaking of kinked, the whole time I was doing this I was buck naked. :lol: :lol: Not a pretty sight I might add. :eek2:

After a few months of hearing the same strange noises you probably won't freak out as much. You will probably still check multiple times a day but you won't have to run.

Oh yeah, and then my 125 split a seam.

I am back to running.

Every time you start to settle down you will have something break or you will make a dumb mistake. Back to square one.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14225603#post14225603 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by j4mypets
I am starting plumbing for a 180-

I don't know if I want to anymore:(

Don't fret as plumbing is fun. It's when you add water that it gets interesting. :eek:

1:45 AM.

you sit up in bed,out of a sound sleep.
Wife wakes up.Asks whats wrong?.and says," i dont hear anything?".
You scream at the top of your lungs,"OMG!,i dont hear anything"!

(switch gender if this applies to you).

Back