Am I the only one that collects the pods & stuff from filter socks?

laverda

Am I the only one that collects the pods & stuff from filter socks?
I change my two 7" filter socks at least weakly. When I do I use a plastic cup to collect, copapods, baby snails, star's from my socks. Today I changed them and removed at least 10 assorted small critters. Most of the time I get 3 to 5 times that many. I then added them to my new mangrove lagoon. Often I add them back to my display and watch the fish go crazy for them. I eould post a photo of todays catch, but it is too much of a hassel posting photos to RC.

LOL. You are not alone. I felt they deserve to be place back into the sump to help clear the detritus and algae. But yeah its a hassel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They reproduce just fine in my sump. You can see all sorts of them there. I am sort of surprised any make to my filter socks since virtually all my fish will eat them given the chance and I have several that spend their days hunting them.

I eould post a photo of todays catch, but it is too much of a hassel posting photos to RC.

Agreed, not being able post pics easily, makes it difficult to communicate effectively.
I would have been very interested, SW, it’s all about the pics. I mean how can you answer a post like “whats this”.

Thankfully there are options.

I do see some communication though that maybe this will change.

Last edited:
Agreed, not being able post pics easily, makes it difficult to communicate effectively.
I would have been very interested, SW, it's all about the pics. I mean how can you answer a post like "œwhats this".

Thankfully there are options.

I do see some communication though that maybe this will change.

So they say but sadly and clearly it is a long time off.

Back