Ando's 29gallon BioCube

I would still have the T5's. I love the color it gives off. I usually add about a full cup of water or 2 per day. My tank usually stays at about 88. I got the t5 because I live in florida and it gets hot in my house some time, so i didnt want a light that gives off lots of heat.

If u go to aquabuys.com u can get the nova extreme pro which is the same light i have for 234.99 with free shipping. its a good deal!

Hey, i'm curious about your filter rack... I see it's made of acrylic and egg crate... how do you get filter media in the middle rack?

I've currently got a 30gal connected to my 29 biocube and have been tinkering with the filter area. I put my overflow tube from the rectangle tank into the far left chamber with a nano black sponge cut to fit my tube so it stays in better... this flows the water out half into the biocube and half into the middle chamber. I filled the middle chamber with live rock and then pulled the pieces off that flow part in the right hand chamber so the water from the biocube would flow down into that chamber and then put my return pump down in that chamber with a carbon pouch sitting on top of it. I'm REALLY liking your filter rack... thinking of building one to sit on top of my return pump... that would keep the media up off the pump.

Hello, what benifits have you seen with the fuge light and can you give me some pointers. I think I want to do that to mine. Also can you tell me how to upload my picks on the post. I tryed but the comp. said my pick are too large any help Thanks.

sorry about no updates in a long time... I have not been on RC in a long time.

here are some updated pics.

built some aluminum racks to hold up the light
DSC_3169.jpg

DSC_3145.jpg

DSC_3144.jpg

DSC_3140.jpg

Amazing tank. I love the shape of that reef/rock you have makes it very natural looking. 14 hermits and 20 snails! Wow. That's like an army.

I wish there was some engineer/manager snail that could control my 2 mexican snails. They are not doing good quality work missing many spots on the glass.. :)

Thanks! I like my tank looking clean. So i got lots of snails and hermits.

The snails I got for free. just went down to the beach and picked em up...we have cerith and nassarius.

ere are some random shots.. I was bored.

GSP
DSCN2172.jpg

aussie acans
DSCN2175.jpg

yuma thanks to Glenn
DSCN2176.jpg

are these fire and ice?
DSCN2179.jpg

Armor of god
DSCN2180.jpg

got a new camera today. Olympus stylus tough 8000. Here are some photos... it takes awesome!! photos! and its water proof up to thirtythree feet!

P4260015.jpg

P4260017.jpg

P4260023.jpg

P4260020.jpg

What do you guys think?

I didn't photoshop them either... Just uploaded them on to the computer

got a new camera today. Olympus stylus tough 8000. Here are some photos... it takes awesome!! photos! and its water proof up to thirtythree feet!

P4260015.jpg

P4260017.jpg

P4260023.jpg

P4260020.jpg

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking of upgrading my lighting to MH.
Was thing a 250 Watt MH!

Hope to get it some time!

This is what I was thinking here. If I can find a 250 Watt Sunpod used for a good deal. I may go with that. But if not I was thinking this.

Lumen Max Elite Reflector
http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/Me.../Lumen_Max_Elite_Reflector_by_Sunlight_Supply

250 Watt galaxy ballast
http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/Me...ronic_Metal_Halide_Ballast_by_Sunlight_Supply

and a 20k Radium bulb
http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/Metal_Halide/Bulbs/250W_20000K_Metal_Halide_Bulb_by_Radium

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I have not updated my thread in a longggg time.. here are some new photos.

4538786162_732ef84d7c_b.jpg

This chalace has been making its way back to life!
4538154723_29d57df403_b.jpg

4538814208_5ba0d48281_b.jpg

4538786038_6048c67539_b.jpg

Back