Anemone moving away from light?

Nate2005

I've had this green bubble tip anenome for around 3 months now and it has recently moved into a cave away from the light ,ever since I got a new heater the anenome has looked a bit smaller 80 to 81 degrees.
29afe795e7a965a08458f49666a8fd33.jpg

it has just shrunk in front of me but it was just fully open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take another picture with blues turned off or with natural lighting. 80-81 degrees is fine, that's not the problem. maybe too much light for it.

You also mentioned that you just recently got a new heater, have you checked for possible stray voltage?

The easiest and most dangerous way is to just stick your hand in and see if you get a slight shock or tingly sensation. This is not a recommended method to test for stray current.

All kidding aside, the best way to check for stray current is to get a multi-meter. Set the meter to 120 AC Voltage. Place the tip of the black prong into a grounding hole of an electrical outlet. Now insert the tip of the red probe into the aquarium water. Watch the meter to see what the voltage reads. If it's anything above a ZERO reading, you have stray voltage in your water.

If there is stray voltage, unplug each heater and pump that is submersed in the water, I would start with the new heater. Then plug them in one at a time and read the multi-meter each time another item is plugged in. Once you see the voltage increase, you have found your culprit.

Looking at your pic though, the anemone does appear to be bleached (may just be the blue hue from the lights) and as mentioned earlier, a better pic with the blue turned down and if possible, a little closer, would help.

Back