Angel not eating

gsiegel

It has been a week and a half. I Feed frozen food including Mysis, angel formula, squid, krill. spirulina. Nori. Tried black worms. Scribbled angel swims around seeming interested, but only occasionally picking at the food. I've also tried adding garlic which I typically do not like to do, but that has not seemed to make a difference. Any suggestions?

My Angels eat frozen saltwater clams I get at the seafood store. I would try that.

Mine always went right after New Life Spectrum Thera A pellets when I first got them.

No luck with the black worms and I will also try the pellets to go along with the clam

Food for thought. Live aquaria is excellent to deal with and they have extended their 14 day guarantee since I have kept them up-to-date with the challenges I have had.

Well if you get really want to get it to eat people might not like it but put some cheap coral inside the tank on a rock with some algae it will be a fix for now

Mine was finicky at first about eating, clams on the half shell did the trick, I also isolated the fish until it began to eat and felt comfortable, so that when I released it into the "pack" it was able to fend for itself....I cut a piece of plexi-glass to fit my aquarium and blocked off a third of the tank for new arrivals, drilled holes in it for flow...works like a charm, fish get to see each other for a few months before contact.

Added sponge which he picked at and pacific krill as well (seems to like the meatier food). Interested is encouraging - will try clam later as well. Still hopeful and LA has been good to deal with.

Absolutely last call on food to keep it alive is buying live ghost shrimp. Problem is they'll eat but want that all the time. Its a last ditch effort to keep it alive....then you need to decide if youre gonna net-it / sell-it

I feed my DT a large variety of frozen, refrigerated, and dry foods. My Koran angel would not touch anything for weeks except live brine. I tried EVERYTHING - live black worms, clams, angel formula... He then started eating nori and as far as I could tell stuck to that for a year. After which he started eating from the algae wheels I was putting out (you can still get them from Canada under the new manufacturer's name), and after that sometimes frozen. He likes flake too, but won't touch any pellets made by anybody. Not NLS, not PE, not Fauna Marin, not any of the tons of free samples you get from MACNA.

Last edited:
What were they feeding it a LA? I'm not sure if they'll tell you, but it's worth a shot.

If the scribbled didn't come from Diver Den, LA will have no way of knowing what Quality Marine was feeding the fish. For the record every time I ask Divers Den what they are feeding the response is always the same... Mysis and brine

I would try any live foods you can get your hands on

Agree on the garlic. Thaw food, Mysis for me, drain 'juice' add garlic stir in and leave for 30 mins+. My fish are noticeably more excited when given occasional garlic infused food. I have a regal, chryserus and a blue ring angel. All love Ocean nutrition Mysis shrimp. Tried a few brands, many are a shrimp soup which pollutes the tank without many wholesome pieces. The ocean nutrition seems to be mainly shrimp and less soup!

Curious, in a sad way, to see if yours starts eating better. Our sweet flame angel had the same issue, and we tried EVERYTHING to get it to eat. Occasionally it would pick at something, but after about 8 weeks it died... Essentially starved to death I think. It was very sad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Any time I have a fish that doesn’t eat right away I get some live brine. I havnt ever had a fish that didn’t go for it. What I do is after a day or two of live brine I start adding a little frozen with the live brine. Sometimes at first they will spit out the frozen & only eat the live brine but they always seem to slowly take to the frozen after a day or two of mixing them.

Any time I have a fish that doesn't eat right away I get some live brine. I havnt ever had a fish that didn't go for it. What I do is after a day or two of live brine I start adding a little frozen with the live brine. Sometimes at first they will spit out the frozen & only eat the live brine but they always seem to slowly take to the frozen after a day or two of mixing them.
We also tried live brine. He dodged it like it was going to hurt him. I came to wonder if he might actually be blind, in whole or in part. When the other fish would come out to eat, he would seem excited, but then let food just float past his head. [emoji54][emoji853]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back