angel ??S

Personally, I would choose one. A 170 is a nice sized tank but put two 18 inch fish with attitudes together and you could very well have some problems. Both are relatively hardy and eye catching. I think the Queen would be the more aggressive of the two. The emp would stay a bit smaller. What other fish did you plan to keep?

It would be years before and if they live that long, I had a 7" Emp. and Blue in a 6' 150 with no problems

Its taken about 2yrs for my emp. to grow from 3" juv. to a 7-8" adult with 90% full colours. A queen would likely grow a little bit quicker.

So - if you put two juv. fish, at about 3", into your tank I reckon you've got a good 2yrs before they are adult(ish) and at that size (7-8"+) at which point I would think you would need to start planning an upgrade or else selling on one of them. At that time, you may find they co-exist peacefully - then again they may not...... but you should have 2yrs grace anyway, at which point the fish will decide for themselves if they want to live together or not.

HTH

MAtt

sounds good. i really like the two fish and my wife really want to have both. ill try it and see what happens!

you should be ok - I'd recomend juv. fish, and it would probably be best if you could get both at the same time, with one slightly larger than the other. if they are evenly matched they might fight initially.... but if one is obvisouly (but not drastically) bigger then then the bigger one should assume dominance and the smaller should accept it.

sweet i also want to have triggers, but i dont know which ones and how many i can have....do you also know about them?

I had a 4" juvi emp and a 3" juvi queen who were both the best of buds. Definitely get them as juvi's. As far as triggers go, I wouldn't get any that would bully the angels, make sure they are similar or small in size depending on the species.

Triggers - I don't have much direct experience with them, but alot of "second hand" knowledge :)

I'd say look at the less aggressive ones. Depending of course on what other species you have planned, I would suggest a pink tail trigger and a picasso....... both nice, not as "huge" as others. Niger is nice too, but has been known to go psycho ocasionally, plus they do get quite big.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14776233#post14776233 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by litenyaup
ya of cource not the ones i was looking at...clown trigger and huma huma?

Do a bit of readoing on peoples experiences with clown triggers...... they really are 50-50....... I would see no problem wth getting a smallish one, but be well advised and proceed in the knowledge that there is a 50-50 chance he will go psycho when he's about 6-8"+ and "snap" one day, suddenly, and literally overnight kill or badly injure all the other fish...... but its 50-50...... he could live peacefully for years........ your call really. Gorgeous fish though.

thats why i like them. the coloration is amazing and the personalities seem pretty cool! ill just have to figure out what im going to do and do alittle more reaserch.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14776233#post14776233 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by litenyaup
ya of cource not the ones i was looking at...clown trigger and huma huma?

FYI, humu humu = picasso.

wow really! oh well ill have to make a decision on which one im gonna get. i am going to start off with juveniles though...will that make a diff?

You will be fine with juvi's for some time. But both will out grow the tank. I hope your looking to upgrade in the near future, say in 2 years tops.

Back