Annual BBQ/Frag Swap!!

returnofsid

Just 30 days until our LEGENDARY 2012 summer BBQ/Potluck Frag/Equipment Swap

Annual Spokane Coeur d' Alene Reef Society Summer BBQ/Potluck
Frag & Equipment Swap!

Saturday, August 18, 3PM at Michael & Angie's home in North Spokane
All are welcome - kids, family, relatives - anyone who loves saltwater!
(you do not need to be an official club member to attend, although being a club member gets you into the raffles)

Additional details on event, location, and raffle items will be posted here and can also be found at Spokane Coeur d Alene Reef Society http://spcdareefs.org/

Featuring

« Door prizes – dry and live goods donated by Zoo Med Laboratories, Blue Life USA, and club members

« Raffles – frag packs, ORA frags, and much more donated by club members, Barrier Reef Aquariums, and Coral Props

« Silent auctions of live and dry goods featuring a Bali Sun Metal Halide reflector donated by Hamilton Technologies (valued at $130)

(Event Sponsors: Barrier Reef Aquariums, Blue Life USA, CoralProps, Hamilton Technology, Zoo Med Laboratories)

Are you ready to pile everything we love about reef club meetings into one fun packed afternoon? We are!! Plans are near final, and it is time to start volunteering to bring potluck items, browse raffles, plan on which frags and equipment you are bringing to the swap. Ohhhh - and don't forget to blackout your calendar!

This year to make things more interesting we've invited two very special vendors to attend the event in person: Barrier Reef Aquariums and CoralProps. Each will be on site ready to show us their livestock, talk reefs, and swap stories!

SpokaneClub.jpg

2 days left! In case anyone's forgot, this year's Door Prizes and Raffle Items are going to put past years to shame! There will be 4 tanks set up, including 2 Sponsor tanks, Barrier Reef Aquarium and CoralProps, and 2 club tanks. 1 club tank for trading/buying/selling and 1 tank to hold all of the raffle/door prize corals!

The weather is going to be amazing! I hope to get to meet lots of local RC members and see some old faces I haven't seen in awhile!

And a very good time was had by all. Good food, good folks!

Sk8r it was wonderful to see you, glad you made it! Thank you for your coral donations as well! OMG we have so much food left over!!

Our 3rd Annual BBQ/Frag Swap is successfully in the books! We had about 35-40 people in attendance, plus a lot of children (Madison's inflatable pool is still holding air!). So, less in attendance than in the past couple of years but a whole lot of new faces, which is exciting! Ed Hahn and his wife, from the Tri-Cities club and Charlie, from the Montana club joined us, as well!

This year, we had Barrier Reef and CoralProps on site as well, which was awesome!

Cy (Barrier Reef), Henk (CoralProps), thank you both for your wonderful support and willingness to put a lot of effort into attending this event! It was great to have both of you here!

WOW did we have a PILE of raffle and door prize items! All total, 4 tanks full of wonderful goodies! Clams, Zoanthids, some great Acans and Chalices, a great Fox Coral that I think someone beat me to! ORA Corals, Barrier Reef Gift Certificates, Tyree Corals, tons of frags from members and sponsors!

We had A TON of GREAT FOOD, from burgers and dogs to Cookie Salad (thanks Shelly, it was so good!) to home made Brownies (Kevin, those were sure gone fast!) to Ben's famous Kabobs, this time in pork, Ben you out did yourself this time! and Allen's "homemade" pies! plus too many other foods to remember!

I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did!

Thank you all for your hard work and help in pulling this off, yet again! Joanne, thank you for all of your organization and tending to all of the tanks and raffle items. Chelsea, thank you for your work as the "name tag enforcer!"

To all of our SPCDA Reef members, existing, new and future members who we met for the first time yesterday, thank you so much. We've got a great club and it's growing!

Oh, there will be some pictures posted soon!

Here's some pics! Hopefully, Charlie, who was also taking pictures, will get some posted soon. Right now, he's on his way home.

Speaking of Charlie, I'll start off with him!

7815855968_740e9002d8_b.jpg

7815864668_09f0fb1565_b.jpg

Cy, from Barrier Reef, imparting his wisdom?

7815847134_5ce1df5148_b.jpg

Henk, from CoralProps!

7815841868_dbd59284e4_b.jpg

Look at that PILE of door prizes!

7815807242_e5320df1db_b.jpg

7815838844_f29083f0e7_b.jpg

7815836406_fd967e980b_b.jpg

Joanne, in the midst of tending to the huge raffle!!

7815830098_fd0eb0f248_b.jpg

to be continued...

Last edited:
Ashley, giving me a quick BBQ break

7815826608_b5b7d7b3a6_b.jpg

Reunions... Ed Hahn and Cy

7815819958_f1826b5088_b.jpg

Our future Reef Hobbyists!

7815814752_ec70ef9444_b.jpg

7815809188_33d348d38b_b.jpg

7815796022_c084550917_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just my luck, I'm drowning in frags and mini colonies and I missed it. Too bad I didn't check this forum yesterday. :/ Do you guys only do the one swap a year?

Just my luck, I'm drowning in frags and mini colonies and I missed it. Too bad I didn't check this forum yesterday. :/ Do you guys only do the one swap a year?

J, bummer! Would have been great to meet you!

We do the big BBQ/Frag Swap once a year, at our home. However, we do smaller, informal frag swaps throughout the year, at various meetings.

What frags/mini colonies do you have available?

I TRY to update this forum, but I keep forgetting.
To keep up on club activities we do have a small forum of our own, where all club activities are announced, here, http://spcdareefs.org/

Hope to see you at a future meeting, soon!

Nothing too incredibly special but I have a lot.

Idaho Grape Monti
Green Fork Yellow Birdsnest
Rainbow Stylopora
Mandarin Setosa
Ponape Birdsnest
Unreal Undata
Red Planet
Steel Blue Palys
Regular Green Star
Strawberry Monti (Cap)
Flowerpetal Monti (Cap)
Spiny Gorgonian (Photosynthetic)
Orange Monti (Cap)
Pearlberry Acro
Chips Acropora
Yellowtip Pink Millepora
Electric Green Star
Blue/Green Trumpet
Purple Polyp Pink Birdsnest
Multicolor Pocillopora
"Yellow" Birdsnest
Purple Rim Monti (Cap)
Green Encrusting Pavona
Duncans(ORA, Australian, and Indo)
Deep Red Monti (Cap)
Various Random Acros

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton too and that's just what is cut and ready. I'll join the club and see you at the next meeting.

That's quite a list! Wish you'd have known about the BBQ! I might have to PM you a wish list and get some prices from you since I recently experienced a bit of a loss and some of what I lost are on your list!

Back