another cal reactor question :)

rogergolf66

im an addict lol
Well ok I understand alot more in the last few months about them and how to adjust them but I really want to stop 2 part all together if I can.

Well I am using the controller now to maintain the PH of the effluent. Well my thought was if the ph is always 6.5 then if I want to add more cal and alk then increase how much effluent is comming out right?

Well then I got to thinking about contact time. Well if at some point even if the effluent is 6.5 if the contact time is not long enough then maybe Im not adding more cal and alk at a faster effluent?

I have read many articals now about adjusting the cal reactor and they all say if you want to add more cal and alk slow the drip rate but i was assuming that it was because the ph would drop lower. right? or where they meaning contact time was better?

Im over thinking this I think but I am still having to dose 2 part a couple of times a week.

My controller turns on the solenoid for the CO2 when reactor pH gets above 6.5 and turns off below 6.3. If I increase my effluent drip rate, my calcium, alkalinity and magnesium all go up.

thanks

so should I lower my ph on effluent you think. I guess do or you would do it a different way :)

Thanks

Roger

It's my understanding that a lower pH (to an extent) will disolve more media, allowing a higher concentration of ca/alk/mg in the effluent.

Back