Another dosing question.....

Ab129

I apologize for starting multiple threads but this question is unrelated to my previous inquiry.
I'm shopping for a dosing pump and containers and something just struck me.
The magnesium, calcium and alkalinity supplements that I am using all intstruct to shake well before using.
If I fill dosing containers with these won't the product settle?

From my understanding you are shaking to mix all the Ca, ALK, and Mg before you put it into the container. For instance I use B-ionic for my dosing which requires you add about half RODi and you let it settle for at least one day before use. This way all the reagent has time to dissolve and you don't have a super concentrated solution.

I would check to see if you have to mix it or anything. Which brand are you thinking of using?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I guess it does not fully dissolve in the solution.
I use Seachem Fusion 1 and 2 which is premixed, it sits in a glass jar and is clear always.

I use bulk dry chemicals from BRS. I mix them up in 7g water containers and then fill my dosing containers from there. That way I only have to mix stuff up about once a year or so.

I emailed Brightwell and this was their response

Sometimes products go through very cold temperatures or very hot temperatures during shipping and it's a great idea to shake up the bottle good when you first get it. And it's not a bad practice to shake later but there should be no problem in dosing those product. we have thousands and thousands of customers who do with no problems.

Thank you for the replies!

Hopefully I won't make it more confusing for you but if your demand isn't too high you could use kalkwasser in your ATO.

I considered that but then I would still have to dose to maintain Magnesium, right?
And I would have to always mix in the kalk and periodically remove and clean out my ATO container.
I appreciate the suggestion but I think I would prefer to go the dosing pump route.

Back