Another ID ? and some updated tank pics

HABS#1

Ok so today while watching out female clown playing in the BTA I noticed some small creatures scurrying around the liverock. IT was a pinkish red colour and looked like a small centipede but the tail was curled downward and looked almost fanned out. Anyone know what that may be? They were pretty darn fast to.

Here are some updated pics of our 31.

Some read leaf looking growth on the side of some of our liverock.
varioustankpictures015.jpg

One of our clowns playing with the BTA.
varioustankpictures010.jpg

Anyone know what this soft looking white tube is in the red circle?
tube.jpg

Per the question, sounds like a bristle worm. Good clean up crew.

Pic's look good, but I can't ID the thing in the pic. Maybe tube worms or something like that?

The red stuff growing...someone else just posted that too...let me see if I can find the thread.

The white tube thing looks like a pineapple sponge. Beneficial and if they get to numerous, just pick em off. I had an explosion of them in one of the chambers of my 12g AP

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11623430#post11623430 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cabbage0709
The white tube thing looks like a pineapple sponge. Beneficial and if they get to numerous, just pick em off. I had an explosion of them in one of the chambers of my 12g AP

Cool thanks I have about 7 or 8 of them in there now.

dileggi I didn't know bristleworms were that fast these little suckers were to quick to get a pic of while they were moving and they hardly stopped while in the open on the rocks.

dileggi I didn't know bristleworms were that fast these little suckers were to quick to get a pic of while they were moving and they hardly stopped while in the open on the rocks.

The one's in my tank seem very fast, although I have not really seen any during the daytime. Mine seem to come out after the lights go out. I've only noticed 2 or 3 occasions where they came out during the day and they really "scurried" when they were out. But, I could be wrong and maybe yours were not bristleworms! LOL

Did that link help you any?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11623530#post11623530 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dileggi

The one's in my tank seem very fast, although I have not really seen any during the daytime. Mine seem to come out after the lights go out. I've only noticed 2 or 3 occasions where they came out during the day and they really "scurried" when they were out. But, I could be wrong and maybe yours were not bristleworms! LOL

Did that link help you any?

Ya that link was great it looks very similar but I only have those 2 small patches of it unlike the rock in those pics on the other link.

Ya there is only a very small ammount on there the coraline is certainly taking over the LR though.

Back