Anthias gone wild

josephv

Well, i bought a school of 10 lyertail anthias for my reef and they are so cool adding lots of action to my tank. I got 2 male and 8 female thinking they would split into 2 schools and each school would take one side of the tank. Nope. They all stay on the left side of the tank. One big happy family.
So then I got the bright idea to add another school of 5 dispar anthias to the right side of the tank thinking they would co exist but in different areas of the tank.Lee at corals and fins have the dispars on sale for $15 ea Think again. Its one big party on the left side of the tank. Anthias gone wild. I give up.

Should not have gotten the dispars. Eventually your anthias would have been swimming the entire tank. Oh well. Now you have lots of action. Lol

I have read that it is best to introduce mixed species of anthias early before they establish territories or the whole tank. That way they can sort out their area naturally and without to much aggression.So far its one big party.

I have read that it is best to introduce mixed species of anthias early before they establish territories or the whole tank. That way they can sort out their area naturally and without to much aggression.So far its one big party.

Ohh ok I was thinking that they were all fighting (big party).

Thats awesome then if they are all swiming together!

I will take pics tonight.I will blurr the real juicy stuff but for 29.95 you can buy the uncut dvd. Just pay pal me @ _______________.

i wanna do the same with my new tank keep us informed how they coexist...

also
pointlesswithoutpics1.jpg

sorry i had to :)

Hey Joseph, did you get Lee's email tonight? Think you might be getting more lyretail at that price! :D

Hey Joseph, did you get Lee's email tonight? Think you might be getting more lyretail at that price! :D

Oh God. I need a bigger tank and a part time job

Forda Call lee at corals and fins and he will put you on the e mail list

Warning. It is graphic and un cut.

Waiting for the dirty fish pics. I'm into that sort of thing.

Get the dvd.

Uploading pics soon. I want to make sure all your kids are in bed first.

Ohh ok I was thinking that they were all fighting (big party).

Thats awesome then if they are all swiming together!

Yeah, that was what I thought too. Just wait until some females turn into males, then you shall have a real down and dirty fast and furious party.

Right now I have 2 male lyertail and 1 male dispar. I'm sure down the road they will sort things out but it's so cool seeing them all so happy together right now without any aggression! I have seen on the large tank forum many other reefers mixing anthias without a problem. It will be interesting when they get larger and decide to go their separate ways.

Back