Any AB 10k vs Phoenix 14k comparisons?

LBCBJ, the phoenix is the same bulb as the Aquaconnect 14K. One is just imported by a company that seriously marks up their product, and one is imported by people who dont.

I've been trying to find out who makes Phoenix bulbs for a while now, all I get/can find is a link to a site in Japanese.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8936263#post8936263 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LBCBJ
Thirdly, has anyone ever noticed color shifts from blue to yellow on a day-to-day basis?
I know what you are referring to.
I've noticed that the longer it is on the whiter it becomes.
the first 4hrs it keeps some blue, but after the first 4hrs it turns white.
One thing I noticed about that bulb is that the glass it is comprised of has a blue hue where other bulbs I have seen is clear.
I guess that helps add to some blue to the bulb.
dunno.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8944416#post8944416 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichConley
LBCBJ, the phoenix is the same bulb as the Aquaconnect 14K. One is just imported by a company that seriously marks up their product, and one is imported by people who dont.

I think I actually recall hearing that before. I wonder why the maker of the bulb does not export it as its own product with a single brand name...makes me a little weary of quality control issues...especially with the very sketchy/non-existent info on the bulb and manufacturer.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8944929#post8944929 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ti
I know what you are referring to.
I've noticed that the longer it is on the whiter it becomes.
the first 4hrs it keeps some blue, but after the first 4hrs it turns white.
One thing I noticed about that bulb is that the glass it is comprised of has a blue hue where other bulbs I have seen is clear.
I guess that helps add to some blue to the bulb.
dunno.

Yep. I've sometimes noticed when I look at the tank that it has a deep blue appearance...I'll walk in a few hours later and it looks like I just slapped a 6700k on there. I've wondered if maybe the ambient light coming into the room causes the tank to appear a different kelvin color :confused:

Well, after letting the Ushio 10k burn in for a couple days, it's now a silvery white color. I really, really, like it. It seems much more natural than the Phoenix. I don't have actinics either. All the coral seem to like it as well.

Back