Any experience with infrared heaters

Plankt0s

Premium Member
My new facility is heated with an infrared heater along one side and I was wondering if anyone has ever used this type of heater and if anyone thinks that it would be too focused for my purpose. here is a sketch-up of one of the areas that will be used for my prop tanks.

140426farmHEAT-med.jpg

I have used them in an indoor conservatory/spa/pool in my house that I had in Edmonton Canada. I had two and ran them in parralel along the ridge.
They were extremely good and inexpensive to heat and kept toasty a 2,400 sq.ft. area. I had them mounted up high {about 24' } and I needed no other heating except for the pool and spa water heated. Kept the water at 86 F. and I had no issues with the very large windows icing over in even minus 50. I used four ceiling fans originally {Humphrey Bogart type, slow turning } but later I kept them off because I had free flying bids in there. No problems or issues over 8 years I lived there. They are used extensively in warehouses.

I think that it could bother the corals.

I gave infrared heating quite a bit of thought for our greenhouse but came to the same conclusion. Im not sure if infrared heating can actually heat water, or just the corals themselves.

well I know that it will heat water but I wasn't sure if it would just heat the tanks under the heater too much and the rest of the room would be cold... I am in Northern Minnesota and we do have -40 days so heating is a big issue for us.

Back