Any free softies downtown?

glassbox-design

Hey Guys,

My friend recently set up a small nano cube and I'm trying to help her get started with some softies. She already feels like she's breaking the bank.... (she doesnt even know what she's into yet :) ) so I'm trying to help her out.

I figured there has to be some people here with "pest" corals. If anyone downtown is giving away any shrooms, xenia, zoas, colts etc... let me know. thanks.

Eric

Eric what does your friend have as far as lighting? i might be able to help out. too bad this wasnt posted yesterday i cut down some kenya tree and it went in the garbage. I still have another stalk i can cut if you think she might want it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9820457#post9820457 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Flint&Eric
I apprecaite the offer. I wont be able to make it out there, but I'll ask her if she's up for the drive.

This wouldn't be the exact piece, but it would be very similar, all grew from the same frag. It is on the bottom left.
It seems to do well under most lighting -- have some under MH and other under PCs. Seems to prefer less lighting, and "dirtier" water.

Lemon.jpg

Jose, she's running PC's. I'm sure she would like it...but it sounds like youy already gave it a good trimming. I dont want you to hack it up too much.

eric

I have plenty to give, but would have to ship it since I am so far away. Cover the $10 and I'll send a box full of stuff.

I have some frags of kenya tree, anthelia and also yellow star polyps. I am up north around devon and lincoln. Let me know if she would like to stop by sometimes for them.
Tom

Wow thanks for all the responses, this is what CMAS and reefing is about!

Rob- again thanks for the offer, but it seems I'll be able to get some from people here in the city. i appreciate though.

Tom- I'll talk to sarah and see when she'll be able to make it up there. As it is I do the maintenance on her tank, dont ask how I got suckered into that lol, so I'll probably end up making the trip too.

Todd- If the local stuff falls through I'll shoot you a PM thanks!

eric

I'm downtown in the Loop. I have a golf ball sized zoo colony with some eagle eye zoos and some less attractive grey-blue zoos mixed in...it would be a job in fragging to separate them, but if you could frag off the gray-blue zoos you could have a couple polyps of eagle eyes as well...(or just take a few eagle eyes and throw the others down the drain, i just want the grey-blue zoos gone).

I have a kenya tree frag and maybe a couple of other things. Then again, I have been down here in Peru for the past week and when I get home I may find I have nothing. I will let you know next week.

Back