Any Mid-Range T5 Fixtures?

Esper

There seems to be a gap in the market between super cheap (Odyssea, Coralife, Sunblaze) and super expensive (ATI, Giessman) T5 light fixtures. I already have a good retrofit kit with ATI ballasts and new bulbs, but I'm not very crafty and my DIY fixtures leave a lot to be desired.

Anyone know any good mid-range fixtures? Looking specifically for a 24" long 4-bulb fixture that is 10" wide or less, so as to fit my 20g long (that is 12" wide).

A Tek light will run you about $225. They're great lights and have been growing coal in many tanks for many years

I’m not sure there is much in between. I have used fixtures from Sunlight Supply in numerous applications. Although not ATI level they are priced right and maybe worth a look.

There seems to be a gap in the market between super cheap (Odyssea, Coralife, Sunblaze) and super expensive (ATI, Giessman) T5 light fixtures. I already have a good retrofit kit with ATI ballasts and new bulbs, but I'm not very crafty and my DIY fixtures leave a lot to be desired.

Anyone know any good mid-range fixtures? Looking specifically for a 24" long 4-bulb fixture that is 10" wide or less, so as to fit my 20g long (that is 12" wide).

For 24" or 48" fixtures you can get horticultural lights relatively inexpensively. Search T-5 and horticultural light on Google and Amazon. I picked up a 48" 4-bulb fixture for my FW discus tank for less than $200.

I hadn’t realized this before you mentioning it. I personally don’t see all of the hype that these high end fixtures are able to provide that the cheaper fixtures can’t do. Is one really igniting the gassed inside the tube brighter?

I hadn't realized this before you mentioning it. I personally don't see all of the hype that these high end fixtures are able to provide that the cheaper fixtures can't do. Is one really igniting the gassed inside the tube brighter?

It's the cooling system that separates the high end from the low end. And of course better materials and hype

Back