Any one used: Leslie's Hardness Plus

untico

I have a large reef and need to buy chemicals in big quantities to keep costs down and theirs is as cheap as I've seen CC.. Has any one used Leslie's Hardness Plus - Calcium Chloride for their reefs. Any advice would be welcome.

A number of people have used that product, if my memory is correct. It likely is fine. People have been successful with pool products.

Any one used: Leslie's Hardness Plus

I guess my fear is not knowing what to look for. All this chemicals look alike to the naked eye [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if Leslie's sells soda ash for $67 per 50 pounds and BRS sells 5 gallons for $85, which is better deal?

Ditto for Leslie's 45 lbs of calcium chloride @ $66 vs BRS's 5 gallons of CC @ $85?

IOW, I have no idea how to convert dry gallons to pounds. Thinking about it, I'm guessing that it's not possible to compare weight vs gallon unless you know the weight of the contents of the 5 gallon bucket. I mean 5 gallon bucket of feathers will weigh less than 5 gallons of lead, right? So does anyone know the weight of 1 gallon of: (1) soda ash and (2) calcium chloride?

Curious,

Mike

Last edited:
5 gallons of calcium chloride dihydrate should be about 30 lbs. The anhydrous product probably is around 20% less, but I'm not sure of the volume change, so that's just a guess. You can use that weight to get a rough comparison.

The math is similar for soda ash, I think.

5 gallons of calcium chloride dihydrate should be about 30 lbs. The anhydrous product probably is around 20% less, but I'm not sure of the volume change, so that's just a guess. You can use that weight to get a rough comparison.

The math is similar for soda ash, I think.

Thanks!

Back