Any other lifereef skimmer users?

Corndork2

Anyone else using a lifereef skimmer?? Post your setup! include model numer of skimmer and name/gph of pump, aswell as your results! thanks!

I ran a VS2-24 on my 120g reef when I was first setting it up. It worked great for me on a Mag9.5, but I ended up changing my sump setup and changed skimmer as well. It was great when I didn't have a consistent water level in the sump, performed just as well when the water was high or low. I was very happy with it, virtually no maintenance ever.

I think you'll enjoy yours for sure. That'll be plenty of skimmer for a 55g tank.

I got a VS2-24 as well. It has been set it and forget it for me. The only problem was when there was a power outage. It would overflow my collection cup. I think part of my problem is I'm using too big of a pump. I got a Gen-x 40 supplying it. I'm switching it out with a bigger skimmer that I have yet to decide on.

Im using a Gen-X 40 too on my VS3-36...Think its too big? I was actually thinking of upgrading to a Gen-X PCVX-55 or PCX-70 pressure pump so I can drive that venturi a little harder

Well you have the taller one. Lifereef recommends 600-900gph for the 24 that I got. The Gen-x is about 1200gpm.

Back