Any problems temporarily removing the standpipe in overflow?

125mph

I have a durso standpipe that's a little too short and it allows water to drop 4-5 inches... I want to get this fixed to lessen the noise.

The durso is connected simply by a screw adaptor to a double screw bulkhead. When I remove the standpipe to add a new one, I assume the only effect is the rest of the overflow water will go into the sump... the bulkhead should stay intact ?

I will of course have the return pump off ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct.. I removed mine while pump was running one at a time to adjust them.. I have the height adjust just below the holes in the back of my tank. my over flow box is external... Its now DEAD QUIET.

that is correct. it might not be a bad idea to have an extra bulkhead on hand just in case.

999/1000 times you're perfectly fine, but once in a while a bulkhead will crack. so if you're making changes to them, it's never bad to have a spare should the worst happen.

Its also nice to occassionally get back there and pull the pipe anyway to clear out what settles in the overflow over time. I have it on my checklist to be done every 6 months.

Back