Any recs for RO installer

saltyESQ

I have had 3 plumbers out and none if them can get it working correctly.
My tds doesn't reduce.
Anyone knw anyone who can install or in this case correct the errors by the prior plumbers.

Please email me
Saltyesq@gmail.com

Thanks

You're a little far from me but if you are a little mechanically inclined I don't mind walking you through it by phone.

Glendale has HORRIBLE water!! Is it just installing (hooking up a new system?) Or redoing a old one?

I don't understand why any plumber can't connect water to an RO unit?!

Are you trying to connect it under your sink or at the washing machine hook ups?

I'll take a pic tonight. My tds is about 345ppm and the water coming out of the RO is the same. For whatever reason, the plumbers can't fix the problem. Maybe something is wrong with the RO unit?

there shouldn't be any repiping. FYI, the unit is under my sink. If you can get it working, I have a bunch of free dry live rock for you

I agree with crystal also check the hose connection you might put the waste instead of the rodi water ...
It happen to me before

2 different plumbers reworked the hoses. It looks right to me, so I'm passing the buck to someone who knows more than me (everyone). I have a nice tube of dry rock ready to who fixes it. I have other equipment ready to be donated to whomever can fix it, if they are not interested in dry rock

If I saw this yesterday I could have help you Mike. Since I was in Glendale.

Also your tap is not bad my Tds here in Stevenson Ranch is 387- 418

Just curious is this new or old RO system? Where did you get it from? Has it ever worked before? Also this might sound stupid but make sure the line you are trying to get water from is the the filtered water line not the waste water line. But I would remove the RO membrane (it will be the horizontal running tube and make sure it is intact and installed correctly with the black rubber seal on the outside (the side with the cap) and the non-sealed side is inserted into the tube.

ro-membrane-insert-instruction-1.jpg

membrane-housing-inside.jpg

Also I would assume this is just a RO system not a RODI so you should get somewhere between 5 to 15 ppm without a DI add-on. Also to add to this when you first start it running give it a min or so for the water to filter threw the system. you should see the numbers start to drop after 30 seconds and be steady at the single digits after a min or so depending on the quality of filters/flow rate/tap water quality ext.

here is a pic of the unit as it has been sitting. It is set up to run to a sink and a refrigerator water dispenser.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
Back