Any reefers in Western North Carolina?

cnaegler

Looking for other reef tank addicts like myself in Western North Carolina.Theres not many here in Sylva,NC but there are a few. E-mail or pm me.It would be nice to meet a few "addicts" like myself.Thanks!craig

my name is paul
i am an addict
i also live in wnc
fletcher to be precise
just down the road from wnc aguairums

Hey ! What's up Paul? Good to hear from someone close by.There are about 5 people here that i know that are into reef tanks but none too knowledgable.What kind of tank, equipment,livestock,etc. do you have? Do you ever go to Asheville aquarium? They tend to have a little better coral selection there for me. I used to go to WNC aquariums but it was a little too far from Sylva. Anyways, it was nice to meet someone else who is an addict as well. Let me know what you've got! Later! Craig

I know this is a bit late, but I use to live in Sylva for about six years and I just recently moved to Asheville. I had no idea there would be any reefers in Sylva. (Small town, everyone hear in Asheville say "Where is it?":lolspin:) However it is nice to know there are others out there.

Been in the hobby almost 9 months. Addicted as well.. work across the street from WNC Aquariums.. very limited selection.

you work across the street? you probably know the owners pretty well then. I'm skeptical they'll stay open due to the mission hospital building being built right there. I could see them getting bought out by mission someday. Mtn to sea is now the premier saltwater dealer in the asheville are. There's a good place in Black mtn, but their coral selection sucks.
pore Dave at Asheville aquariums. The dude was hit bad by the pore economy and had to close shop. Hopefully someday he'll open back up.
find mtn to sea's facebook page and they'll post their frag swap schedule. Personally I think Sylva is great. Where else can you find hot college chicks all gathered together in the forest. I know several people who have gone to wcu to do their upper graduate studies...a nice college town

Im a little closer to central NC, Charlotte/Harrisburg Area! always looking for fellow reefers!

I'm in Shelby NC. Used to live in Raleigh NC but recently moved to Shelby NC. Used to be in the hobby years ago before I somehow got distracted with life and went on an almost 9 year hiatus from the hobby.

I just started back in the hobby barely 24 hrs ago. Just trying to figure out where to even start again in the hobby as most of what I used to know has slowly leaked out of my brains. Good to know there is a NC community here.

Just getting started up in Hendersonville. Have a 90 gallon tech tank itching to be filled. Scheduled filling date late April. Glad to see someone locals.

Back