Any way to convince my Clown to go inside the Anemone

bigyankfan

I have a Percula Clown and a Green Carpet Anemone but the Clown won't go inside the Anemone. I have tried offering the Clown cash, I have willed it to go in telepathically, but strangely enough, neither of these have worked. Any suggestions or am I just SOL? Thx.

A friend of mine showed his clowns pictures of other clowns with anemones, lol. Don't think it worked to good though. I think you're just SOL. They could host with your powerhead just as willingly as an anemone. And even when they host with anemones it can take time for them to decide on a home. Others have said their clowns hosted immediatly. It's all a crapshoot. Give em time and they may....or may not. :D

I had the same question in a thread in the clownfish & anemone section, and someone had a good suggestion; if the anemone was put in after the clown, you take the clown out and rearrange the rocks then put it back in, cause clowns are used to swimming in the same spot.

I tried the picture thing, didnt work :( right now Im trying the netting of my clowns and putting the opening near the anemone where they touch its tenticles, only on day 2 of this and so far its working or so I think

That sounds like it could stress the clown out. I say just wait and see. So what if it doesn't host. You still have a beautiful fish and a beautiful anemone. Just this man's opinion.

DO you have moonlights? If so turn them all off except for 1 and then aim it at the nem. That will be all the clowns see at night and they may go into it.

maybe try a small anemone crab, SMALL one, my clarkii didnt host in my bluetip for abotu 3 months so i gave up and jsut bought a small anemone crab and one day after puttin ghim in the both of them were in the bluetip happy as could be, pecked at each other for about 3 days and now 4 months later dont bother each other at all.

I wouldn't recommend netting your fish for any reason as it stesses the fish. stessed fish are prone to disease. My clown was a tank bred and would not host my GBTA. However, after about a year it loves my shrooms! Oh well, he is happy...

that was me that suggested you try rearanging the rock...and believe me it works, I got my own clown to host this way and others have had success this way to....for all the nay sayers who think netting a clown once in a while stresses it out way too much, mine has been netted a good 20 times or more and is as healthy and feisty as ever, going on 3 years I have had him...not to mention catching the clown should be easy if you take the rock out and put it in buckets of saltwater while you rearange the rock, without rock in the tank catching almost any fish is a breeze... for you and them

My clowns have not been stressed out from netting either, they seem to honestly not even mind it or go crazy trying to flee it like my other fish, I wish I could do the rearrange my rocks thing, but I cant :( my nem is wedged in between a huge mass of them and I wont risk moving rocks and upsetting him

My clown have been in the tank for about a month now and have just recently periodically been going to my BTA. They go to it for a minute or two and then leave usually. My guess it they are trying to make friends with it. Yesterday, I dropped some cut up shrimp into the tank and one of the clowns grabbed 3 different pieces and brought it to the BTA. It's only a matter of time and luck I believe.

I tried the net, thing and it idnt work, now he wont move wher i let him go, its like he thinks i netted him cuz thats where I want him to be

I cant stand this much more... you can not force a clown into an Anemone. There are a number of theory about how a clown fish can actually survive the Anemones nemotocyst and one of them has to do with gradual acclimation. The clown will use the Anemone if it wants to and at a speed it can tolerate. Just leave the thing be and let nature do its thing.....

Back