Anybody know what this is?

seachel71

I had something show up in my tank today and I don't know what it is or where it came from. It looks like a yellow spider. It is about the size of a dime with long spindly jointed legs. I can't get a real good look at it because of where it is in the tank. It seems to be eating the molted exoskeleton of my shrimp. I can't find anything that looks like it anywhere. Any ideas?

Michelle

seachel71

It has longer more spindly legs. Those are small and compact. Mine is larger, built more like a Daddy longlegs... for lack of a better discription. No luck getting a pic, to hard to see.

seachel71

It seems to have disappeared on me. Maybe back in the rock. It doesn't seem to be anytime of crab or spider that I can identify. More translucent than the spiders I have seen pics of, the legs of the arrow crab are right but the body is too large. I am wondering if it is some juvenille form of something. Any thoughts along those lines?

greenbean36191

Premium Member
It has longer more spindly legs. Those are small and compact. Mine is larger, built more like a Daddy longlegs... for lack of a better discription. No luck getting a pic, to hard to see.
You did see the picture of the long-legged species in the link, right?

seachel71

Yeah I did, they have too much.... body. This is a skinny thing.... Sorry I don't have pics.... makes it too hard.

Thanks for everyone help!

If I see it again I will try for a pic.

Michelle