Anybody run their Maxspect Razor at 100 percent

Jyetman

Just wondering if anyone been running them at 100 percent for awhile now. If so have you examined the LEDs for any signs of deterioration?

i run A:70% B:100% (from 1530 to 2230, total of 7 hours at that level) without any issue. The heat sink does get a little hot/warm but the fans are cooling them well. 3 days ago i took my light down and the leds are looking as per usual.

I do know a couple of people who runs both channel near 100% too.

I went from a mh to this and without much research (bright in my part I know) just set it to preset 2 which does use 100/100 settings. This is the only thing I can think of which ramped up algae growth and my coral (dont know what it is came with the tank) doesnt seem to be enjoying it. I just set the auto up tonight after some reading which turns it down power and hour wise. Hoping it helps

No issues here with heat. I've slowly moved from a starting max of 85% up to 90% 9 months in. I tried 100% and the coral did not like it and algae was hard to keep under control.

No issues here with heat. I've slowly moved from a starting max of 85% up to 90% 9 months in. I tried 100% and the coral did not like it and algae was hard to keep under control.

Interesting at what height do you have them at?

Back