Anybody want to be VP?

EvilMel

is a serious goby fanatic
Hi, does anyone want to be VP for the next two and a half months?

Put your name here, or PM me, and the board will decide on someone very soon.

Pandarian

I would, but knowing me, the whole club would be messed up in the next two and a half months if I became VP. :eek:

EvilMel

That or we'd never see you again. hah hah. You'd be a good VP Donny if you ever came to meetings!

Fred...you are talking about the fact that you are moving, right?

awcurl

Premium Member
I really think that someone new needs to step up and help the club out but before I let it go unfilled because of disinterest I'll volunteer to help out until elections.

RCS

In Memoriam
Yes. I don't think 4 weeks of me being VP would help anything, since I would be able to attend one meeting...well, and with the move and all, that's about it! Maybe next time around. ;)

TriMax

Mel

I am tooooo new and inexperienced to be a reef club officer.

BUT, those who are qualified might be interested in knowing what the duties of VP are. Maybe everyone, except me, may know, however.

So, what do a VP do?

Eddie

EvilMel

Well I was hoping Eric and Dave Stevens would pipe in and say they want to be VP since they kinda offered previously.

Basically to be VP you gotta go to a lot of the meetings (IMO) and help make decisions about club-related stuff. Believe me there is always some decision to be made in regard to you high-maintenance people! hah hah. Don has apparently been reading the constitution a bunch so maybe he can fill us in on the duties of the VP.

imsqueak

Premium Member
haha Mel. http://www.easttnreefclub.com/BylawsERTC.pdf
Seems VP just has to preside over mtgs if the P is out sick.

I too would like to see one/some of the newer members volunteer.

In my experience, aint nuttin to it but go to as many mtgs as possible. There's also a couple extra mtgs the BOD holds to discuss club matters but they can be done after regular meetings. If there is nothing to discuss, it should take about 2 minutes.

The position is actually till the July meeting. Elections in June, new officers effective July.

EvilMel

Sorry Art, I didn't see your post. Yeah I too wish someone who hasn't been onthe board before would volunteer. We did have someone volunteer, so we (remaining board members)will have to talk about it at the meeting