anyone been to the fish man lately

panaboy95

just wondering what they have. may go up this weekend. just wondering how many fish they have. is it worth the trip. i may just go to blomington and go to johnnys.

i was in there sunday and it wasnt nothing great. I like Marine Aquatics in Bloomington. I havent been to Johnnys yet. I may go up there this weekend also.

I have actually stopped going out to fish man after my most recent experiences.

I have been to Johnny's one time, and I was pretty impressed. I think it'd be a good idea for us to get a group to go up to BNARC's DIY meeting in late Feb at Johnnys.

We can discuss this at our meeting.

I was at Fishman Tuesday 1-22 and they had nothing new to speak of. Guess it depends on what you want lol. I went to Fish n Times in Pekin 1-19 and saw that they had expanded. the store is much easier to navigate now. he was offering good deals on the MH hoods over his display tanks. they had 2 beautiful flame angles and a huge leather cup coral of some kind at least 10 inches tall and 15 across. i think it was 270 bucks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11686735#post11686735 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dcombs44
I have actually stopped going out to fish man after my most recent experiences.

I have been to Johnny's one time, and I was pretty impressed. I think it'd be a good idea for us to get a group to go up to BNARC's DIY meeting in late Feb at Johnnys.

We can discuss this at our meeting.

Sounds good , Im interested in going to that meeting as well.

well I went to Bloomington today. went to Johnny's and Marine Aquatics. They both have a great selection of fish and corals. I am glad I went.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11694120#post11694120 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by panaboy95
well I went to Bloomington today. went to Johnny's and Marine Aquatics. They both have a great selection of fish and corals. I am glad I went.

Did you get anything ? I was suppose to go today but had other things come up. I may try and go tomorrow.

i got a real nice purple firefish from johnny's i could have spent three hundred dollars there if i wanted too. I also bought a foxface at marine solutions. I was going to get one at Johnny's but his was huge. I also got a couple sps frgs at MS. I will try to take some pics tomm. Both of the stores are great. Johnny's place looks real good for how long he has been in business. Plus he is a real nice guy. He seems to be a true animal lover. Sam at MS has made some big improvements since the last time i was there. It has been a while. He sold me my first fish. I bought 4 cromis from him over two years ago and i still have one of them (the rest of them killed each other) He has a new coral setup and it is very nice. The two stores rival some st louis stores i have been to.

well I went up to Marine Aquatics today and came home empty handed. The coral he has is nice . I bought some from him the last time I was up there. I just couldnt decide on what I wanted:D . I wanted to go over to Johnnys but ran out of time. I think I may take a ride back up there next week.
Has anyone been up to Kens in Decatur ? I was thinking of maybe going there Saturday and seeing what all he had.

Johnnys is a great place, havent been to marine aquitics yet, The trip sounds like a good plan.

some other places I found online in IL was in southern IL, I will see if I can find the bookmarks.

here is one of the stores Id like to visit sometime

http://www.aquatictreasures.net/

Aquatic Treasures is a great store. They used to have a store in Fairfield, IL as well as Fairview Heights, but I've only been to the Fairview Heights store (the only one remaining)

They are the store that really helped me get my first tank in shape after a really rough start in the hobby. Their stuff is a little pricy sometimes, but Belco (owner) really knows his stuff, and they always have lots of stuff.

A trip that's probably well worth it IMO.

a trip to AT is always worth the trip. they have a new store on the other side of the road from the old one. they have a new shark ray tank in there now. They are redoing there big reef tank and selling some big showpiece corals. If you are making the trip down you should drive a little further and go down to gateway aquatics. it is on telegraph road across the river off 255. They have the biggest selections of coral I have seen at a store. St. Louis has a lot of great stores. You can see all of them on the slash page. Belts is a great place too.

Don't mean to correct you dcombs but the owners name is Velco At AT

This is a very nice store in St Charles Mo. it is just a on the other side of the Illinois river not to far from Alton. They have a very nice selection. the store is dedicated to marine animals and there care. they dont sell other pets and things. just saltwater critters and equipment.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11723134#post11723134 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by panaboy95
a trip to AT is always worth the trip. they have a new store on the other side of the road from the old one. they have a new shark ray tank in there now. They are redoing there big reef tank and selling some big showpiece corals. If you are making the trip down you should drive a little further and go down to gateway aquatics. it is on telegraph road across the river off 255. They have the biggest selections of coral I have seen at a store. St. Louis has a lot of great stores. You can see all of them on the slash page. Belts is a great place too.

Don't mean to correct you dcombs but the owners name is Velco At AT

I've heard good things about gateway.

See panaboy's post.

cool I will be there on the 9th for my B~Day might have to check a few out, Do you know of any of them close to downtown?

Also fishman had some black percula clownfish today, from the way it sounded they will be getting asalt shipment early next week.

Back