Anyone build in a corner bowfront?

I was thinking about building in my 92 gallon corner bowfront into a straight wall. I'm not real crazy about trying to create a curved wall to match up with the curve of the tank. Any other suggestions?

Not sure why you would do it on a straight wall? You would be much better off with just a standard Bowfront tank and not a corner tank.. I kind of built my 92 Into the corner.. The closed loop lines are in the wall and the stand/canopy were trimed out with the tank in place.. So it looks built in, not free standing.

71560194394257.jpg

if your considering this idea still i would be able to help you in the construction of it. i've got a 54 bow like 8balls,check my gallery. I could see a bowfront looking really sweet if only the radius of the tank is protruding. any idea,any advice,just ask. just dont do stuctural changes to your house w/o making sure it's way more than you need!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10477729#post10477729 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 8BALL_99
Not sure why you would do it on a straight wall? You would be much better off with just a standard Bowfront tank and not a corner tank.. I kind of built my 92 Into the corner.. The closed loop lines are in the wall and the stand/canopy were trimed out with the tank in place.. So it looks built in, not free standing.

71560194394257.jpg

Please tell me there's an incredibly comfortable chair in that room that affords the same view as in this picture - what a great view! I could sit in a place like that for hours and not get bored :)

not to stray! but 8BALL, how are the canopies in the upright postion staying up? i think i've read a tank build thread of yours a while back if i'm not mistaken! by the way, hell of an idea!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10480979#post10480979 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 1-9-06
if your considering this idea still i would be able to help you in the construction of it. i've got a 54 bow like 8balls,check my gallery. I could see a bowfront looking really sweet if only the radius of the tank is protruding. any idea,any advice,just ask. just dont do stuctural changes to your house w/o making sure it's way more than you need!

This is what I was thinking about, keeping the radius outside the wall but I'm not sure how you would frame the stand. I would like the wall to remain flat above and below the protruding bowfront.

quiverfull- 1-is this and outside wall
2-is the ceiling a second floor or a roof
3- is the floor concrete or wood

Thanks guys, I dont want to hijack,If you asked for more info click on my red house for the build thread.

It wouldnt' be hard to do a Inwall with a bowfront.. You build it just like anyother inwall.. Frame a hole in the wall the same width as the tank. Build your stand just like you would if it was out in the room..The biggest problem I see with it is you really need good access to the front glass.. Since as you know bowfronts are hard to clean.. Mag cleaners work ok for the soft stuff, But about once of month I have to break out the scraper. So IMO you would need a canopy or some kind of front access panel for cleaning. So it would be alot more trouble then just doing the picture frame deal most Square inwalls have..

i think only the bow would stick out and access from the front. thats what i got in my head as a cool new idea.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10489539#post10489539 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 1-9-06
"the wall would remain flat above"

But then lighting would probably become a problem!

that's a good thought. maybe build the rockwork up against the back wall. Depending on the livestock. i'd love to see this become a build thread.

Back