Anyone else automate cold dosed supplements this way?

Dsekula

I love the effect of most red sea products on my display but like dosing pumps for consistency (I work crazy hours). To dose the RS energy I built this little setup over my sump. It leaves a very minimal amount of liquid out in room temp (sumps in the basement and dosent get over 55 anyway). Anyone else do this? feel free to use the idea if it helps you.

The details-- two pump heads we're drilled into the fridge with a hole saw. They are siliconed in and all the electric was done on the dry side. The insulation was put back where possible and the outside pannel was put back on. Pumps are hooked to a digital timer. A small hole was made in the bottom of the cooler which drops directly in the tank. I had most of this stuff laying around but even if I had to buy it all I'm thinking the cost would be around $40 so it is worth a try in my book. IMG_20180410_213200.jpgIMG_20180410_213130.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

BRS mentions that you do not have to refrigerate it. Makes sense to me that you don't. I keep mine on the counter and does daily manually right now. You can look at the FAQ on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRS mentions that you do not have to refrigerate it. Makes sense to me that you don't. I keep mine on the counter and does daily manually right now. You can look at the FAQ on their site.

It says to keep it fridged after opening on the bottle? Hmmm... Bulk reef usually has good info so now I'm gonna have to look into this more. Thanks for the heads up tho.

I could see having to refrigerate if it'll last long, but I do not see that happening. Pretty small bottles. Even then I am not refrigerating mine.

500ml (those bottles) should last me almost 3mos. at current dosing.

The red sea web page faq says to leave no more than two days worth out, so that's what I was going by. Maybe their covering their butts for people in warm areas if you haven't had any issues?
Since mine does last a while, I guess ill try my method since it's set up for now ;)

Back