Anyone else here with a clown tang?

It's people like this that keeps the bad fish stores in business and then we all have to deal with new laws being created to regulate what we can and cannot keep. Obviously you don't have the skill level or the knowledge/husbandry techniques to keep this particular fish alive. It's nothing to brag about on the forum as it makes you look like a blatant fool that could care less if you kill a living thing. Don't get me wrong, I've screwed up and lost fishes before, but I don't sit there and brag about it, and especially do my research thoroughly before embarking on a pointless journey of repeatedly killing the same type of fish over and over. Maybe chill out on the creatine? Just a thought.

While I agree with most of what you posted..it seems a little harsh.Do you know that in Samoa where a lot of these fish come from they are on display daily as a food item in their fish market.So we all pay a premium price to take them off the lunch menu.This is not to say that I agree with needless killing of fish .

Hi Bullitr ! My blueface is doing good(conditionaly).He is probally the shyest fish I've ever had.Any fast movment or noise and zoom ....he is in the rocks.
Luckily when I quarantined him (6 wks),I trained him to eat from a coral spot feeder tube,otherwise he would already have starved.He never eats with the other fish,although he does come out and swim around some.

My blueface is the exact opposite since He is a punk but I love him for it!

Hopefully by the end of the year my main tank will have 4 large angel( emperor, asfur or maculosus and queen or passer angel as a last addition
And 2 dwarf angel and just 3 tangs to eat all the algae
Everything else will be just wrasses

Btw
I saw Bryce's old clown tang on Michaels work tank it's very fat (maybe Michael is feeding it from ten tens menu) Lol

Btw
I saw Bryce's old clown tang on Michaels work tank it's very fat (maybe Michael is feeding it from ten tens menu) Lol

I'm suprised he hasn't taken it out and served it for the lunch special yet. Its good to know that its still alive and kicking and doing well. My large blonde naso i replaced it with is doing really well and is VERY friendly towards other fish. I lost 2 achilles tangs because of that damn clown.

Awesome fish in general, requires a huge tank though as noted.

Hope to see more people keeping them sucessfully, as mentioned it is a shame to pull them from the reef for nothing it seems.

I will try one sooner or later, but you can bet it will be in a 240g plus.

Gorgeous looking fish WETFISH!

Back