Anyone ever mod a EcoTech led mounting bracket to fit other LED fixtures?

MrineLfRlz

First off i have to admit i love the look of these mounts but not everyone had $600 per fixture to put on these mounts alot of people like me have to stick with led fixtures like d120s and other chinese led fixtures which work well imo.
It would be great to be able to use these mounts with them i know i would spend $100 each mount if i could make them work with my leds.
I searched around the net and couldnt find anyone making mods for these to make them hold other fixtures so has anyone tried mods yet or is even thinking about trying because i know i am but just have to see if my idea will even be worth the time.
So any takers????

I was thinking about getting some flat steel drilling the factory mount hole for mounting bracket locations and measure the left over distance from my hanging bolts on my d120s, taking apart my fixtures, replacing the d120 fixture bolt with the drilled hole in the top with a new bolt then drilling the hole and mounting it to the flat metal to secure the fixture to it on all 4 sides and reattaching the flat metal brackets to the factory mounting holes of the echotech ,mounts of course i would round off the edges of the metal and paint everything black.
Sound do able or not?

Hey. When I was building my tank I wanted these but they were not yet released. I used the 80/20 aluminum product to make my own support and it came out great. Sorry dont think I can post a pic. Looking at the unit I do think you could get it to work with other fixtures but that will depend on the fixture and the interface. Plus the units hold a radion at 8" above the tank. There's no vertical adjustability. So there are some fCtors to consider.

Hey. When I was building my tank I wanted these but they were not yet released. I used the 80/20 aluminum product to make my own support and it came out great. Sorry dont think I can post a pic. Looking at the unit I do think you could get it to work with other fixtures but that will depend on the fixture and the interface. Plus the units hold a radion at 8" above the tank. There's no vertical adjustability. So there are some fCtors to consider.

Over my tank 8" will be great i just hope they fit over the top its a aqueon type?

I was quite surprised to see the 8" elevation as radions, esp the G3 pros, are SO STRONG having them higher to spread some is better.

As to fitting over the top I just have no idea. What I do know is that the "feet" which go over the glass will cause whatever top you have on the tank some issue, as you will have to work around them. I had my first jumper a week ago and I'm not going to screw around any longer so I'm adding a BRS mesh top. Since I don't have the lights' feet the only work around I will have is the auto feeder.

Here is a link to my tank so you can see the lighting and support.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...339018.-2207520000.1423178265.&type=3&theater

HAH! Just noticed that photo is from when the tank was about 1 week into cycling. It had barely cleared. :D

Back