Anyone had experience with red sea diy lid cover?

cojo8888

So I lost 2 fishes this week because of jumping. I think it's better to purchase the lid now.. I tried to buy high end lid like top safe, artfully acrylic etc.. but they tried to charge me $450+ with 4 to 6 week estimate delivery time.. so I was thinking to buy red sea diy lid kit from brs instead. Anyone has experience with this product?

나의 SM-G950U 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

sorry to hear about your fishes jumping. I hate lids but that is the exact reason why I have mines now. I don't have any experience with Red Sea lids but I'm using the DD Jump guard and it has been working for me. The frame actually sits on top of the rimless glass so there are no plastic clips to hold the frame up. I have the window screen kit on my red sea nano and I like the DD Jump guard better.

lEreJET.jpg

I use diy bought from ebay, works well and you can make it to whatever size u want. Same as window screen frame with clear mesh. Saved my fish couple of times as my wrasse jumped and hit the screen couple of times lol.
dd0ce0fa71b5322ec8a95304d50b7e91.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

i have a rea sea DIY lids, they are pretty heavy duty compare to the DIY home depot ones. It's the same concept, same procedure when building them. If your looking for a clean lid look... I would just skip the rea sea and go with custom build ones other wise go with the home depot DIY ones.

Take a look at octo aquatics. They're in AZ so shipping might not be as bad.
I have the Red Sea and I like it. A whole lot cheaper than any custom acrylic ones and sits flush on my eurobrace

Back