Anyone have a ADA Reef Tanks??

ADA tanks are certainly beautiful. I'm pretty sure the reason more people don't use them for reefing is that they are typically not made with overflows.

That 120-P with the overflow is nice, too bad they don't make a wider version. It's been out for a few years at least. I was close to ordering one in the past but the customer service seemed pretty shady (at the time) so I opted out.

If that 120-P has been out for years I'd be pretty surprised. As far as I know their production tanks didn't have overflows initially, and there were previously none of their tanks listed with overflows on their website. The 120-P has probably been available for years, but the overflow version is new.

There is a reefer using a small ADA tank here in RC. Might be in the nano section though.

I wanted an ADA bad for my 40 breeder. They are the cleanest looking rimless tanks I could find but a little pricey especially with shipping. I ended up getting an all-glass aquarium and removing the top black rim (which didn't have a center brace) and it looks pretty decent for only $60 instead of the $200 or more I would have had to pay.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14151719#post14151719 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by InsaneClownFish
If that 120-P has been out for years I'd be pretty surprised. As far as I know their production tanks didn't have overflows initially, and there were previously none of their tanks listed with overflows on their website. The 120-P has probably been available for years, but the overflow version is new.

no the overflow version has been out for at least a couple years now, I could probably even dig up the old emails I had with them . . .

this picture was from 8/2006:
dsc040611kh5.jpg

anyways here's some ADA pron from invincible's old blog:

i10.jpg

c8.jpg

>>>I was close to ordering one in the past but the customer service seemed pretty shady (at the time) so I opted out.<<<

If you want any ADA products with great customer service try.

Aquarium Design Group
http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/

They are always more than helpful everytime if buy from them.

Just to clarify, invicible's tank was an AGE. I just didn't want anyone to get that one confused. uhuru, that is so weird. I was convinced these hadn't been out. When I was looking for my current system, not only were these not on their site, but I consulted with an ADA dealer locally that said they weren't available with overflows- hence not optimal for reefing.

I'm not doubting you at all, but is it possible those were just promo shots. Were they offering these as special order only?

Btw uhuru, how's your sps cube been going?

ADA do have tank with overflow. It's in their catalogue booklet. They even have the sump too for the overflow tank. It's all in their catalogue.

Yeah it's a standard tank they offer... I believe your local ADA dealer was misinformed since it's probably not sold very often here.

The sps cube was taken down since I moved cross country. I am in the process of setting up an AO tank right now but my time is so limited it's coming along very slowly. I saw your build, I was a bit disappointed when you decided not to do SPS but it looks to be an awesome build regardless!

If anybody is ever in Houston and has some free time they should stop by ADG.

It's really not a fish store although they do sell the ADA line of products. Their business is like an art gallery of aquariums, it's a mix of fresh water, planted tanks and reef tanks.

Back