Anyone have a blue tang turn black?

cfmx

I have a blue tang that was the normal color pattern of a blue tang. We have had him for about a year now and he continues to keep getting blacker. Take a look and tell me if your blue looks like ours.
DSC00563.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

He does look cool and you are right he does look very
different than mine (6 months old). You sure you didn't
do a photochop lol jk.... Anyone else?

I have Never seen a hepatus do that. Normally, as they age the color on their 'nose' will fade out to a sort of pitted yellowish color.. but the black is pretty wild. Ill give you $10 for it... :D

I saw a post on here about 2 or 3 years ago where a guy had the same thing happen to his Hippo. Someone accused him of touching up the pics with Photoshop!

We think he looks cool also just never had this happen before. He seems to be a very happy fish even if he doesn't come from the same side of the ocean has Dory!

any studies done on this topic? you guys think its related to lineage and gene within it? similiar to the yellow belly hippos

You got pretty lucky with that one, because a LFS or online site could easily market that as a "rare" hippo and could fetch alot more $$ :D

Very odd. I have never seen one like that. Consider yourself lucky. You have a tang that is not really colored like anyone else. Good luck with him.

Back