anyone have a table saw or anything else to cut acrylic baffles?

ReefPharmer

Hey guys, picked up a potential sump from Gene and it has some heavy duty 3/8 acrylic baffles which I want to cut down and move around. Does anyone have a table saw I can make 2-3 cuts on? or what other saw can I use to make a clean even cut?

Thanks!

you think that will work on a 3/8 acrylic? i have a dremmel but not sure about that thickness

I think he means cutting baffles out of the sump that are already attached. For cutting anything like that, I would only use a table saw or maybe a circular saw if you have a guide that you know is straight. You could probably talk Home Depot into cutting it for you on their big saw for cutting sheets of plywood.

actually i removed the baffles, and was going to cut them to be a bit shorter but when I placed the would be sump into the stand, I realized it wont work at all since the tank is 30x30 and the sump was 30 (29g tall), it basically took up half the stand, and stuck out from the back.

I am going to have to make due with the "cadlight" sump that came with it which is 18g. Super annoying since i have to rig it to be able to accept the water in case power goes out.

You could cut down the ends so it won't hang out the back...and then seal it back up again. Might be a fun project if you have the sump already.

The tank is glass, I have never cut glass with any real success before and knowing myself, I will slice a finger or two off before I do that heh

Back