Anyone have fish they need or want to sell locally?

Jaculus

We started buying our fish locally (a couple from Saltwater Havens) and will continue to buy from other local shops as we find fish we want (Ocean Rift etc). BUT I thought it might be good to show our "Want" list that the wife has come up with. If anyone has any maybe they don't want anymore due to size or incompatibility with your stock I am open to offers to buy your stock first.

First we have a HUGE arrow crab that the wife is concerned that the the Triggers she wants will eat him. So I am willing to trade him towards fish also.
He is almost 10" across from end to end. We obviously have not measured him exactly but he is for sure over 9" across. I will post a pic tonight of him also.

Here is the list we WANT (or close to these types)

• Yellow Tang
  • Powder Blue Tang
  • Flame Angel Fish
  • Saddleback Butterfly
  • DogFace Puffer
  • Dwarf or Zebra Lionfish This has to come off the list. Will not work with the Trigger.
  • Tassle Filefish

We already have a Coral Beauty and a Picasso Trigger. I have a HUGE filter system with 125 gal sump/refugium with, GFO, Dual Carbon Reactors and a SWC 205 skimmer with two pumps on it. I can handle a larger feeding load to keep all these happy and filter their waste lol.

Last edited:

Jaculus

Oh yeah,, I would prefer to stock the tank pretty close to the order I made in the list above. IT does not have to be exact but I prefer to try to stock with the more passive fish first. For the most part any size of these fish will do. If we buy from the LFS we will likely buy small or whatever is in stock. AND WE ARE OPEN TO OTHER FISH you may have that you don't want that we MIGHT be able to determine would be compatible and fit our liking.

My wife did a huge amount of research to determine the compatibility of these fish and I will do my own searches now before we purchase these but if anyone has any specific input of your own experience with any of these NOT being compatible let me know.

droberts

Have you been to salt water haven lately? I was there last week and his fish prices are pretty cheap right now I think he's trying to sell off most of his livestock before he moves the store

Jaculus

I will ask the wife tonight. If she went with a Copperband then she would have to give up on the Saddleback. Not good to have more than one Butterfly in the tank. I am for it but we will see what she says. If you had a pic and an approx size that would be nice to know also. Price?

Jaculus

Have you been to salt water haven lately? I was there last week and his fish prices are pretty cheap right now I think he's trying to sell off most of his livestock before he moves the store

Yep we went there on Saturday (the day before his last day before he close TEMPORARILY). We bought the Coral Beauty and one of the two Picasso Triggers he had. We probably would have bought a couple more but I knew I would have to put them in my refu for a few days until I was finished with the 120 tank setup. Even though my refu is around 50 gal just in the refu section I did not want to put too much in there now.

themcnertney

I will ask the wife tonight. If she went with a Copperband then she would have to give up on the Saddleback. Not good to have more than one Butterfly in the tank. I am for it but we will see what she says. If you had a pic and an approx size that would be nice to know also. Price?

$50 bucks.
a9uje9u9.jpg

Jaculus

Difficult to determine size from the pic. He looks healthy though. I will get back to you tonight when I talk it over with her

albano

SALTWATER since '73
Premium Member
First we have a HUGE arrow crab that the wife is concerned that the the Triggers she wants will eat him. So I am willing to trade him towards fish also.
He is almost 10" across from end to end. We obviously have not measured him exactly but he is for sure over 9" across. I will post a pic tonight of him also.

This I have to see...please put a ruler in pic also

Jaculus

This I have to see...please put a ruler in pic also

LOL I knew someone would ask for a pic. His legs are around 4.5 inches each so he can stretch one end to the other around 9+". I have to think now how I get a pic with a refrence object in the picture to show his size LOL. I will definetly try tonight. I think maybe an aluminum soda can with some rock in it to settle might give some refrence.

albano

SALTWATER since '73
Premium Member
LOL I knew someone would ask for a pic. His legs are around 4.5 inches each so he can stretch one end to the other around 9+". I have to think now how I get a pic with a refrence object in the picture to show his size LOL. I will definetly try tonight. I think maybe an aluminum soda can with some rock in it to settle might give some refrence.

Ok, just make sure you have the legs stretched out for the pic!

:rolleyes:

Jaculus

not gonna stretch him lol. but LA quote shows they can get up to 10" also

overview
The Arrow Crab, also known as the Spider Crab, has extremely long legs. It is called the Arrow Crab because of the shape of the body and head. The size is variable, many reaching six inches, and some up to 10 inches. Females may be dramatically smaller.

Guessing I have a Male lol

joe22883

Why not two butterflies? Pbt might be too aggressive and hyper for a 48" tank. Also the Picasso trigger might be a pita. Put the trigger in last.

Are puffers ok w aggressive triggers?

Jaculus

Seriously Considering two butterflies now that I read up a little more. She wants to try the PBT we are going to try to buy small for now. May have to trade him off later lol. Also, the Trigger is already in the tank lol. She bought him last Saturday. She wanted a puffer but decided they would get too big very fast for a 120 with other fish.

Jaculus

Ok, just make sure you have the legs stretched out for the pic!

:rolleyes:

Well wouldn't you know it. The DAMN thing got eaten today while at work. I may have an older pic of him when he was in my Reef tank. He had to be banned to the Refu when he grabbed the Smallest of my Clowns by the fin and started to tear at him.

Anyhow my wifes boss had a HUGE crab in her BC29 that was eating some of her fish. So I said I would put him in the refu with the arrow crab. I put them in separate sections in the refu (i have mine separated in two sections) but the arrow crab somehow made his way into the other section today.

Anyhow all that was left was three of his arms and one of his claws. So I took a pic of those here. Based on this I think he would be OVER 10" from end to end. But he's gone now :thumbdown

Attachments

• 20140528_201709_1024x768.jpg
    20140528_201709_1024x768.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140528_201829_1024x768.jpg
    20140528_201829_1024x768.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0