Anyone have their skimmer go nutz after dosing Prodibio Reefbooster??

cato

New England
Did my 6 weeks of Biodigest and Bioptim. This was my 1st Reefbooster dose. Dose this morn (10am). Skimmer off for ~ hr then turned it back on and had to leave home. Didn't check the skimmer all day due to being out of town. When I got home my skimmer cup was full to the brim. Anyone else experience skimmer nuttiness following the booster dose?? LOL

I asked Scott, Aquarium Specialty, about the Reef Booster a few months ago. He told me that you should turn off your protein skimmer for 4-6 hours after dosing the RB.

I think it's the amino acids in it. Selcon will do the same thing.

I'm on week 3 of the Bio-digest, bioptim cycle. I've noticed that every small spot that I had cyano has gone away, though I think I ruined my first dose by leaving my UV sterilizer on.

How did the biodigest and bioptim cycle work for you?

Worked great! I only turned my skimmer off for an hour. I also dose Elos aminos and my skimmer never goes crazy off it. Gotta be something else...maybe the Selcon???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13937693#post13937693 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by steelersfan
I asked Scott, Aquarium Specialty, about the Reef Booster a few months ago. He told me that you should turn off your protein skimmer for 4-6 hours after dosing the RB.

You are correct Sir.

OK, I did this and 6hrs later I turned on my skimmer and it went nutz again for a good hour. Is 2 vials of booster too much for 220gals?

I have to leave my skimmer off for 24 hours after adding reef booster. When I turn it on again I set the air intake valve just open enough so the bubbles are at the neck of the skimmer.
the day after that I open the air intake fully.
This has worked for me.

David
:)

havent tried reefbooster yet but my skimmer (Bubble King SM200) pretty much stops working within minutes of dosing just one vial of Biodigest - bubbles are reduced down to almost nothing within the skimmer chamber and it stays this way for 2-3 days - did you or anyone else experienced this with Biodigest??

Graf-X, experienced the same thing when starting my system using prodibio startup which uses biodigest. Couldnt figure out what was going on but it took 2-3 days before my skimmer came back to life

Yep, mine does the same thing no matter how long I have my skimmer off for. It does the same thing if I add Selcon like run said. What ever is in these two products has a delayed reaction to bubble formation.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14020377#post14020377 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Oshkosh
Graf-X, experienced the same thing when starting my system using prodibio startup which uses biodigest. Couldnt figure out what was going on but it took 2-3 days before my skimmer came back to life

Yep me too. ^^^

I get the opposite with the booster for about a day. But given the results in a short time frame, I can deal with the inconvenience. :rollface:

havent tried reefbooster yet but my skimmer (Bubble King SM200) pretty much stops working within minutes of dosing just one vial of Biodigest - bubbles are reduced down to almost nothing within the skimmer chamber and it stays this way for 2-3 days - did you or anyone else experienced this with Biodigest??
experienced the same thing have any idea, why?

Bumping this:

Dosed all elements in the biokit reef (3 vials each). Shut skimmer off for 14 hours. Didn't overflow on Thursday but had a TON of micro bubbles. About Thursday afternoon she started overflowing and hasn't stopped (it's Saturday morning).

Back