anyone here go to the University of Tampa?

I graduated from there with my Bachelor's and got 1/2 way through the master's program before life got too complicated. It's ridiculously expensive but it is really a great school that is focused on students getting a quality education. Cool campus and small classes. I still email with 2 of my professors and several students from time to time.

I go to USF, so my opinion may not be valid, bu ti have a few good friends there. Classes are small which are very good, it is in deed expensive. As far as students go, i heard that alot of rich people go there (which makes sense) but with great wealth comes great pride, meaning that some people can be snobbish. However, i do have friends there, so that means there are a few good all around people there. (in my eyes of course)

USF is way better ;) go bulls

I was only giving msu spartan a hard time for asking about going to UT instead of MSU. I went to MSU so I have to show my school some lovin.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11626927#post11626927 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gimplar
I go to USF, so my opinion may not be valid, bu ti have a few good friends there. Classes are small which are very good, it is in deed expensive. As far as students go, i heard that alot of rich people go there (which makes sense) but with great wealth comes great pride, meaning that some people can be snobbish. However, i do have friends there, so that means there are a few good all around people there. (in my eyes of course)

USF is way better ;) go bulls

I agree! Go Bulls!

lol, only somebody who hasn't gone to UT would say that. I've attended both so I know better. whoever said alot of rich kids go there obviously hasn't gone there either. To me USF treats students like herded cattle and don't even get me started on the way the situation with Al-Arian was handled.

Best time of my life. I grew up 5 minutes from the campus and it is one of the few things I miss about MI.
I got by Bachelors from there and then moved to FL to go to University of Miami for my higher education but only lasted a couple of semesters before I transfered to USF.
I will probably offend some people by saying this (including my wife since she got her B.S. from USF) but I just felt like I was getting a better education at MSU than I did at USF.
You can sometimes tell that USF is a fairly new school when it comes to big time academics as they often appear to be disorganized and the ciriculum is not very challenging. I hated the Tampa campus but enjoyed the St. Pete one since it is right on the water and not as busy.
I didn't even consider UT so I can't comment on what it's like.

USF has a campus right in down town St. Pete and on the Bay. It is much smaller than the tampa campus and has a much more personal feel, similar to a community college which is nice.

UT is a great school My husband will be getting his Bachelor's there in May in the evening program. He is very smart & has been challenged. He loves the small classes, the campus and the IT cirriculum.

Now my mom is a UofM grad, so we won't duke it out here, I graduated from a small, private Michigan college called Northwood University (formerly Northwood Institute when I attended) and my sis attended WMU and my dad graduated from Wayne State.

Regardless of my Michigan university ties, UT is a great school.

too funny Gimplar, you know one of the asst. Baseball coaches at USF went to school at UT right. I have some other other friends attend UT as well. I think you can find snobbish folks anywhere. I attended USF as well but if I had the means for UT I would have. I would much rather the small classes as it was hit or miss at USF. I enjoyed USF had good time playing baseball for them as well but each school as their Pro's and Con's

Back