Anyone in here?

I don't think so. Mel occasionally checks in, but neither she nor I are anywhere near East TN anymore. :(

True that. I think it's mostly populated by people who don't live in TN anymore.

I like us better than them anyways.

Everybody in TN is hanging out on another site now. Miss the old days when Randy and Mel were down here:) I'm not in K-town anymore either :(

MTRC isn't the same anymore either. Call me nostalgic, but those were the good days when both clubs were going strong.

I'm in FL right now for a conference. I stopped by a small shop and was impressed by their selection of stock. They've only been open 3-4 mos, but someone came in and poisoned two of their display tanks after only being open 6 weeks. It's sad because they are one of the few stores I've seen trying to do things right by this hobby.

This would be my rant about the hobby turning too commercial and not enough about spreading knowledge and building relationships.

I can't believe Chris actually posted!! Nuts! Happy day!

Randy, I can't believe that. That's terrible. Did they ever catch the person. What a jerk.

MTRC isn't the same anymore either. Call me nostalgic, but those were the good days when both clubs were going strong.

I'm in FL right now for a conference. I stopped by a small shop and was impressed by their selection of stock. They've only been open 3-4 mos, but someone came in and poisoned two of their display tanks after only being open 6 weeks. It's sad because they are one of the few stores I've seen trying to do things right by this hobby.

This would be my rant about the hobby turning too commercial and not enough about spreading knowledge and building relationships.

That's terrible, where in Fla are you?

Still don't have a tank (with water in it) but I am lurking;)

MTRC is actually going strong but doesn't seem to be what it used to be…but nothing is.

Still don't have a tank (with water in it) but I am lurking;)

MTRC is actually going strong but doesn't seem to be what it used to be"¦but nothing is.

Chris, I've heard a lot of good things about you, so I feel comfortable saying that there are still a small group of good honest reefers in Nashville and Knoxville like you.

Chris, I've heard a lot of good things about you, so I feel comfortable saying that there are still a small group of good honest reefers in Nashville and Knoxville like you.

Someone is obviously spreading rumors and innuendo ;)

Nope. I let them know I would help them in any way I could. Gave them my list of contacts as a resource as well as myself. They were in Brooksville, FL. I am now in Captiva for my Conference.

Everything changes. Good, bad, or indifferent. No use fighting it, but I can still reminisce. :)

Nope. I let them know I would help them in any way I could. Gave them my list of contacts as a resource as well as myself. They were in Brooksville, FL. I am now in Captiva for my Conference.

Everything changes. Good, bad, or indifferent. No use fighting it, but I can still reminisce. :)

I love Sanibel/Captiva!

I've only been in this hobby 4 years, so far it has good and bad, just like any other hobby. Just yesterday, I was reminded that people will say whatever it takes to get what they want, even if it's a complete lie.

I know!! We all just need to keep posting on here and it will be like old times...minus actually getting to hang out and drink some drinks.

Back