Anyone in or near Clermont?

platax88

Hey guys, I just moved to Clermont, right by Lake Luisa. Curios to see how many reefers live close. Don't know anyone in town so it would be nice to meet some like-minded reef addicts :)

Thanks!

Jack

I know there are a few out that way for sure...seems everytime i try to meet someone they are on your side of town lol

We live in Winter Garden.

That's not too far at all. We just went to the Villages at Winter Garden for the first time... very nice area. So what your tank specs?

I have a 180 sps dominated bare bottom and rock pillars. I actually brought all my lifestock with me from Nashville so as you can imagine things are a little ****ed off from moving them twice... first to Cape Coral and now here to Clermont. Getting more color each day though!

I live in Groveland which is about 5 minutes from Clermont. I have lived in Clermont my whole life. I used to live right around the corner from you. I currently have a 150 gallon mixed reef with about 300 lbs of live rock. Its hard to keep this thing up when you live in the middle of nowhere when it comes to Reefkeeping.

Im in Clermont too....just behind East Ridge High School. Only true "reef" tank I have at the moment is a 14g that I maintain for my mom. All my other tanks are FOLWR, FW, or empty. Used to install and maintain aquariums for a while while doing other things. Also used to breed and import discus a few years back but have scaled way back due to school taking priority....which may pick back up again now that im pretty much finished and moved back home.

You'll have to hit up some of the great LFS around town soon. Or if you're up for a drive, Tampa has some equally as good (if not better IMO). Too bad there isnt anything decent in Lake county....

BTW, the trigger is doing great!

-Ryan

I know its sad for us in Lake County. I usually buy my Coral from locals, but they all seem to get out of here as fast as they get here. There is a good store in Clermont called Petshack. They dont have anything Coral wise but they have nice fish at a decent price. I found myself buying fish more than Coral these days. :-(. If anybody has any Coral locally that they wanna sell or trade let me know.

welcome, neighbor....

welcome, neighbor....

Platax,

Hello neighbor....Lake Louisa? That's my neck of the woods. I am new to the area also..been here for 3 months. I am located off of Lake Louisa Rd. I have a 40g SPS cube which is starting to finally settle after the move. Do you have any pics of your setup? If so, I'd like to see.

H2oH20,

I haven't forgot about you. My corals have finally settled after the move and new tank setup. Still interested in a trade? I just made some superman rainbow monti and pink chalice frags which have been healing for about 3 weeks. I also have others SPS corals that I can frag.

Happy New Year,

Payton

Welcome to the rest of my fellow South Lake neighbors. I'm here in Clermont as well. Only have a 24G reef going right now but hop to re-establish my 85G flat-back-hex one of these days... it was torn down before moving down here from Michigan 2.5 years ago and have yet to set it back up due to economic jitters.

We are in Windermere, just down the road a bit from Winter Garden Village. Our tank is a 150 mixed reef loaded with softies and anemones.
If you need any softies or RBTA's let me know - they grow like weeds in our tank.

Platax,

Hello neighbor....Lake Louisa? That's my neck of the woods. I am new to the area also..been here for 3 months. I am located off of Lake Louisa Rd. I have a 40g SPS cube which is starting to finally settle after the move. Do you have any pics of your setup? If so, I'd like to see.

Payton

Hey Payton, I am right off Lake Luisa Rd. also... in the Overlook at Lake Luisa sub-division. I've been in town for a bit over a month now and can relate about ****ed off corals. I am finally starting to get colors back and showing signs of growth. I moved the lifestock from Nashville down to Cape Coral and then to Clermont all in three month's time. Moving a 180 cross-country twice was NOT fun. I'm glad to be in my new home and can now enjoy seeing my reef grow without any further stress. Many of my pieces are new frags that i have aquired since the move so they are settling in also. I don't have any pics of the system but you are more than welcome to stop by and check it out. I have just started to get more into the "designer" sps corals, so it would be cool to get some feedback from someone with more knowledge. Good to know there is someone in my neck of the ... lake!

Welcome to the rest of my fellow South Lake neighbors. I'm here in Clermont as well. Only have a 24G reef going right now but hop to re-establish my 85G flat-back-hex one of these days... it was torn down before moving down here from Michigan 2.5 years ago and have yet to set it back up due to economic jitters.

Hey Jimbob! What part of Clermont are you in? I'm glad I started this thread, it's nice to know there are some reefers in Clermont. It would be cool to meet you guys ... and your reefs.

I'm in Groveland also by the South Lake High School (SR565\SR50).Current tank is a Solana mostly LPS and welcome to the area (living here almost 10yrs after being so many yrs close to the UCF got tired of all the crazy people:)

Thanks AJ!

My in-laws live right by UCF ... I can definately tell a difference on the road in that area. Groveland is cool, we were looking in that area along with Clermont for our home. You are not that far at all.

Hey Jimbob! What part of Clermont are you in? I'm glad I started this thread, it's nice to know there are some reefers in Clermont. It would be cool to meet you guys ... and your reefs.

We're right off of US-27 near Hammock Ridge... just a couple miles.

I'm in Groveland also by the South Lake High School (SR565\SR50).Current tank is a Solana mostly LPS and welcome to the area (living here almost 10yrs after being so many yrs close to the UCF got tired of all the crazy people:)

AJ, my friend! What did you do with your 65G?

The yellow turbinaria and orange monti cap that I got from you close to two years ago are doing well. The cap has been fragged many times and the turbinaria has turned into the centerpiece of my little 24G.

AJ, my friend! What did you do with your 65G?

The yellow turbinaria and orange monti cap that I got from you close to two years ago are doing well. The cap has been fragged many times and the turbinaria has turned into the centerpiece of my little 24G.

Hey stranger!!
Glad to see you'redoing great same as the corals you got from me.The 65 was sold and got the solana(cool set up) not a lot of space so don't have to buy too many corals lol which is good for the wife..:lol2:

DSC01940.jpg

Back