Anyone know what happened to the gainesville reef club site?

acro-ed

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble (or knows what happened) with the gainesville reef club site...

Thanks,
Ed

Aaron,
I talked to the previous operators of the site and I am trying to put some people together to revive it and also tie it together with the Ocala MORE club. It has always seemed like there is enough cross-pollination between the two clubs so I am looking to simplify the board while having a common place for both the gainesville and ocala clubs. I'd hate to see it remain dead as it is a good place for locals to stay connected. I'll keep you posted.

Anyone that is interested in helping please contact me directly via PM.

Thanks,
Ed

I just noticed it was gone also. I am moving and have a lot of coral, live rock and stuff to sell. I cannot worry about moving with no plan for my tank habitats.

The free hosting site disappeared and there were no funds or pay for commercial hosting. There wasn't a whole lot of activity, but now it's virtually impossible to keep in touch with local reefers.

Ed, keep everyone posted on whatever alternative you come up with.

Hi guys,
I am working on getting something going again. I have an IT guy that is going to be helping me with the project. Most likely we will create a new, much more simplified board, and give both the Gainesville club and Ocala club separate sub-forums. Initially I had hoped to keep the old content, but it's looking like it will be much easier to start from scratch and simplify things. I still need to meet with the president of each club to see how they want to handle things. I will also need someone from each club to monitor their own forums. This is still a little ways off, but I am intent on making this work again.

Thanks,
Ed

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

The website will be up and running in less than a month.
We (Just a group of reef junky) are taking it to a new direction.
Things we would like to add:

Inventory list from local fish places with prices so people will know where to get good deals.
Discounts for members at all major online stores. So far we have a few vendors lined up.
Products review.
Tank of the week type of contest. Hopefully that will help our member keep up with their tanks and share with us. Weekly winners will receive gifts or discount from our sponsors.
Too many things to list....
If anyone would like to help in any ways , contact Gal Robins at m y a q u a t i c s l l c at gmail.com

I just moved to Gainesville. I am trying to find local reefers. The site appears down. I brought my 30 gallon cube with me. Long time reefer that always keeps a reef, sometimes huge, sometimes tiny, but life is just better when I come home to my little slice of the reef to look at each night.

Any info or direction, appreciated.

A talk for the Gainesville reef community

A talk for the Gainesville reef community

Hi: If the Gainesville reef community is back in action, I thought folks might be interested in a talk I am giving at UF next Monday night that is targeted to aquaculture enthusiasts. I posted an ad in Aquatropics store, but if there is a way to reach others in the community, I would appreciate it. The title of the talk is "What do materials scientists see in your favorite invertebrates? Come see a microscopic view of their structures, and learn how this enables materials engineers to make things better, ranging from optical fibers, to football helmets, to biomimetic bone." The talk is Oct. 23rd, 7:30pm in Rhines 125, UF campus. Thanks, Laurie

Attachments

• Aquaculture Talk-LG5-JPEGreduced90.jpg
    Aquaculture Talk-LG5-JPEGreduced90.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 5
Back