Anyone know where to get this Coral substrate??

Like the title says, anyone where to get this grade of crushed coral in the US? Only places I can seem to find it online are based in Australia. Wanna use it in my rock flower nem tank. Thanks in advance!
*not my pics*

Attachments

• B1F316AF-DB0F-4A9C-A4A5-AA6A1DF9FFA0.jpg
    B1F316AF-DB0F-4A9C-A4A5-AA6A1DF9FFA0.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 7BD5587D-DABB-4E5C-AB0A-3CD62AB7CFFB.jpg
    7BD5587D-DABB-4E5C-AB0A-3CD62AB7CFFB.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0
my advice, if you are going to use that type of substrate you want a very thin layer, only enough to cover the glass, that will help prevent it from trapping detritus.

That’s what I intend to do. Usually run bare bottom or a thin layer of sand but my RFAs have been breeding but the babies haven’t had anything to hold on to. Gonna use a thin layer of this and hopefully get a better turn out. Thanks for all the advice!

Well I figured I would post an update on this and the substrate worked beautifully. I’ve had two spawnings since I setup the tank and am having great luck with keeping the babies from getting buried or blown away. I started with about 15 rfas and the first spawn pushed that number to 41. This last months spawn is easily at 2-300 babies. Almost all the babies seem to have been born at a larger size and for the part have at least color on their oral disk! I attribute this to the adults being larger this time. I find the easiest way to hunt for babies is to turn only the UV channel of my AI Prime alll the way up in the dark. Then they all glow green.

Back