Anyone know why reef fx Closed the doors

scott made a great point as far as viable options. I'm no longer in the reef game but I had the pleasure of meeting you guys at the first bnarc frag fest and competly agree as far as good stuff with great personal attention. I didn't buy anything but had a blast talking to one of your guys about the local metal scene. I wish you all the best and if/when I get back in I will look you up

aaaahhhh I know the addiction runs deep, this whole snake thing has me going. Much easier on every front and still fun but zero saltwater is tuff

You really should let me hook you up with the guy a few blocks from you- at least he could give advice.

fragboy94,

In the past CIMA has long maintained the position to not unite itself with any one particular store. By "unite" I mean advertise, accept gifts, or promote in any manner. This was done so to keep the club as objective as possible. We don't want to upset any one store by promoting one of their competitors and we have tried very hard to stand as neutral as possible to not get involved in political ****ing matches that often befall many clubs and organizations.

Throughout our history CIMA has avoided having meetings at any of our local stores, despite requests and offers to do so. When we have, as a club, used a club outing to visit a store, we have done so by leaving what would traditionally be called a LFS by leaving the state (Indiana, Missouri) or by heading into Chicago (virtually a state all it's own). Additionally, at those events, several stores were visited in one afternoon, not just one store.

Therefore, as such, I'd kindly request that anything that transpires at the re-grand opening of ReefFX is not labeled as a CIMA club event.

TIA,
Henry

got a idea why dont we hav a meet there since som of us are goin why not make it a meet ?????? possibility what u think dewayne like hang out and chill

Yes I now kno thx to another member I just wanted to u kno hang out and chill with other reef enthusiests
But im still young so I don't exactly think b4 I say srry if there were any kind of hmm idk the word im tryin to say but u kno what I mean

Its hard to run a LFS in downstate Illinois.I went to reef fx and met dewayne ,very nice guy.Awesome set up.I am sure his new setup will be nice.One of these days I will make it down there again.Check out the goodies Lol

Any idea if they are still running out of their basement?

I was a 'regular' there, often went 1+ times a week, yet NO one told me they were closing the doors! One day it was open, 2 days later they were gone and the building was empty. WTH!

No good reef stores anywhere, I hate having to order $200 worth of livestock online.

Thanks,

-ThaChad

they are not running regular hours. i believe it is by appointment only and i talked to dewayne a couple of months ago and asked if he could get me a couple of things and never hard back. i am not sure what he has out there. it may be worth a call but i would say the livestock will be limited.

Trent i think that is the guy i bought out. Not 100% positive but think it is. He is only doing his maintenance services on his long time clients tanks and just cant get into an open store at this time. He is a nice guy but the store was just not producing enough cash to make a profit.

Back