Anyone looking for RBTAs?

bureau13

I have a descendant of jeffbrig's RBTA, and it split again recently. I currently have 3 in my tank, and one of them had that "I'm going to go off and split again" look, so I may end up with even more in a couple days. This seems cool, but they're hell on neighboring corals and they take up a lot of rock shelf real estate. If anyone is looking for an RBTA for $50 let me know. I don't want to take out rocks to get to them unless I have definite interest, but I'll do it and bring them to the swap if people want them.

I'll have at most two...I wouldn't try to remove new splits, if that happens, but the two older guys are fair game, IF I can get them.

jds

I'm interested. How big for $50? Do you have pics?

Is it a child of this one?

90189EMAIL_male_Maroon_Clown_compressed.jpg

Here is an ancient picture of what appears to be a fairly small clone with my male clown. The coloration looks a bit "tannish-red" because it was taken under my old AB 10Ks and everything was that color.

I've seen BTAs that always seemed fairly large, with big, thick tentacles. Mine really don't do that. In full light, they tend to stretch way up and take up tons of real estate, but when I put them in a bucket they look small. I can get more recent pictures later this evening if desired.

jds

(pic removed...you posted it first!)

Yeah, that one was a predecessor of these.

Tx, I'll let you know by tomorrow. I have a maroon clown gold stripe like the one in the pic, about 3 inches. The current BTA appears to be going south.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10467419#post10467419 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pedromatic
I'm interested. How big for $50? Do you have pics?

Is it a child of this one?

No, it's from this one:

:D :D
bubble_tips_8_14_06.jpg

clown_rbta_3_12_07.jpg

Hey, I'm trying to HELP you. lol.

pedro, to clarify, bureau's anemones are clones from my anemone(s) pictured above.

And for the record, I didn't even pay you to do that.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10471629#post10471629 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jeffbrig
Hey, I'm trying to HELP you. lol.

pedro, to clarify, bureau's anemones are clones from my anemone(s) pictured above.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10467472#post10467472 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bureau13
Here is an ancient picture of what appears to be a fairly small clone with my male clown. The coloration looks a bit "tannish-red" because it was taken under my old AB 10Ks and everything was that color.
Not to hijack your thread, but i was about to buy AB 10Ks and was wondering how you liked them. It appears from your comment that you weren't all that fond of the color it gave you, so now I'm getting a little nervous. Were you running actinics with it?

The ABs were great lights for PAR but color was a bit warm, I found. This was on HQI ballasts, so I'm not sure how electronic ballasts would fare.

I was running 4x39W Blue+ T5, and that wasn't enough. Part of the problem may have been that my fixture has 4 HQI lights...I'm sure there's a point at which you have enough to make up for it, but I didn't have room for that.

To give you an idea of what it did to certain colors, my RBTA looked as above, and I had a GBTA which looked almost the same, just more tan than red. As soon as the HQI went out, suddenly the RBTA looked red and the GBTA looked green. Weird!

I think when my Phoenix bulbs need to be changed I'm going to try those Giesemann 14.5K Coral bulbs...I'm hearing lots of good about them, better PAR even than the AB, and more of a crisp white color.

jds

jds

Hey, Pedromatic,

Did you reach a decision?

jds

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10467574#post10467574 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pedromatic
Tx, I'll let you know by tomorrow. I have a maroon clown gold stripe like the one in the pic, about 3 inches. The current BTA appears to be going south.

Sorry I didn't get back to you. My dog's going to need surgery so I won't be able to do it right now. If you still have some in a couple of weeks I may be able to swing it.

Sorry to hear about your dog, hope that works out OK. If I don't have these, trust me...I'll have more :)

pedro, if bureau doesn't, mine just split again, and I'll be ready to pull it in a couple of weeks.

Yeah,
I have a Maroon Clown White Stripe about 2 inches long. I wouldn't want to introduce an anemone that is too small, the clown would just hassle it to death.

Back