Anyone Need an Eel...?

Pleco420

I have this awesome eel. I cannot keep it anymore due to my tank not being big enough. I was lookin' to get $$$ for him, but any trades are welcome.

I paid $80 for him so that is what I am looking to get back in cash or trade.

Thanks for looking.....

DSC00079.jpg

What kind of eel is that? How big is it? Ive recently gotten into keeping eels. I have 2 Ribbons eels (eating) and a snowflake :)

nice pics Pleco...

Chris,

Do you cover the eel tank with eggcrate or other material?

Melanie

Hi Melanie i cover with gutterguard. The top of the tank is open but all around the hood is closed off with gutter guard. As is the overflows. So far so good *knock wood* There are no openings at all!

I eggcrate the cutous in my canopy for the closed-loop returns at opposite ends of the tank.

Somebody on the Aggressive forum suggested ?fibriated moray eel?

Close up of chompers

peek-a-boo.jpg

Chris,

No openings at all! That's great....I use the egg crate. Is the gutter guard easy to remove to get into the tank if needed?

I have a snowflake that I have had for many years--since he was the size of a large engineer goby! He is now between 2 and 2.5 feet long. I feed him frozen shrimp most of the time-never live food.

He has found his way out of his tank twice over the years--once the cat found him (and thankfully did not know what to do with him), and the second time he was temporarily moved into a small tank . He did not like it, so he found a small opening and slithered into the cichlid tank next door--which totally freaked out the cichlid!

I would like to eliminate a tank and therefore find a good home for him. I do not want to take him to a LFS as all their tanks are uncovered and who knows if the buyer will cover their tank either. If you are collecting eels he is your if you want....I know you will give him a good home...

-Melanie

With my hood getting into the tank is no problem. The tank is basically sealed on 3 sides with the hood and i use gutter guard along the back. I had just agg crate on my overflows but the ribbon still managed to get thru it so i put gutter guard over the egg crate held on by zip strips.
Thanks for the offer on the snowflake but ill have to pass. I already have 1 snowflake. Im really waiting for a dwarf golden moray. I have a very good lead on one :)

Back