anyone own this?

I don't have any first hand experience with the Tunze nano, but I have read that they can be a bit of a disappointment.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15497152#post15497152 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ddinox64
Can't help you with the Tunze. But you have some food on your lip.

if you can't be helpful in any way don't post anything please

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15498074#post15498074 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 03LightningSVT
First hand experience here - Tunze 9002 is a fine little skimmer, constant water level is the key with this skimmer.

It would be in the first chamber of the sump so water level would never be a problem
I'm having doubts over it since it's a little small for my 49g system Its also more expensive than an asm mini g wich has mixed reviews aswell but it is 50$ cheamper and rated up to 75 instead of 50g

I got the Tunze 9002 two weeks ago. I was going to replace my AC Remora which I thought wasn't doing a great job (skimmate very watery no matter where the cup was positioned). For the past two weeks I have had them both working in my sump, and honestly I am disappointed with it, but perhaps it will get better as time goes on. Maybe there really isn't a great skimmer for a small tank out there... that is my thinking right now anyway. I'm going to keep them both going in my sump for now, because when one skims the other usually pulls zero DOC out of the water. The Tunze has produced more of a drier skimmate than the Remora, but not any of the amount I was hoping for. It was very easy to set up, and adjusting it has been quite simple - just turn the blue screw to introduce more or less air. It is very quiet, and compact! I had been thinking of getting the Deltec MC300 HOT skimmer, but I read that they were picky about needing to be thoroughly taken apart and cleaned every few weeks, that and overflowing, so that turned me off. Let us know which one you decide to get. Sorry, but I'm sure I haven't helped you much. :(

Re: anyone own this?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15496849#post15496849 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by alextheromanian
Tunze Nano DOC Protein Skimmer 9002

or have any experience with them?

how would it hold up in a 29g with a 20g mixed reef?

Alex, I would not see the need for that expense on a 29gal nanocube unless you were really loaded up with high end sps corals. I found that removing the filter media and adding reef rock and chaeto--with 5 gal water changes once a week do the job quite nicely.

I have a 9002 in my 28 Nano with a 7 gallon sump/fuge. It works fine. I used to run a Aqua C Remora pro, which did a slightly better job of skimming, but made way to much noise. If cost is no issue, the Tunze 9005 would be a great choice, but even used they are costly. Tunze is one of the few companies who put realistic tank size ratings on their skimmers, you do not need to use a skimmer rated at double what they claim unlike most other makers. I have a mix of SPS, LPS and soft corals in my tank, the 9002 keeps my water very clean (well, the refugium helps also).

i already have a refugium mixed media ractors and rubble ....i would have wanted a sock added and a skimmer...

so that i may reduce water changes ...to be honnest i never do them and everything seems right with the exception of the 100% water change and tank scrubbing i had to do a few days ago after leaving the tank in the care of my girlfriends mom for a month and a half...

all ill say is that the auto feeder was fallen in the water...with rust on the glass around it and battery acid leaching out of the seams of it...full of food too....

she never noticed it fallen in a 29g

regardless...id like to have a good skimmer added and a top off so that i can concentrate on other things as far as fish tanks go and not spend my available time on hailing water from walmart

The key to using the Tunze 9002 is of course a consistent water level, and a skimmer cup that is cleaned every couple of days. Also, the air venturi that is on the side of the skimmer near the collection cup, It needs to be dry and have no water on it, not even a splash. If it does readjust the skimmer so that the top plate is about a 1/8-1/4 of an inch above the water. Thats the only things you have to watch for on these skimmers

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15498785#post15498785 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by alextheromanian
i already have a refugium mixed media ractors and rubble ....i would have wanted a sock added and a skimmer...

so that i may reduce water changes ...to be honnest i never do them and everything seems right with the exception of the 100% water change and tank scrubbing i had to do a few days ago after leaving the tank in the care of my girlfriends mom for a month and a half...

all ill say is that the auto feeder was fallen in the water...with rust on the glass around it and battery acid leaching out of the seams of it...full of food too....

she never noticed it fallen in a 29g

regardless...id like to have a good skimmer added and a top off so that i can concentrate on other things as far as fish tanks go and not spend my available time on hailing water from walmart

Oh man :eek2: you are lucky your tank didn't crash while you were away!!

Back