anyone run an atb840 on a 75 gallon tank

brob22

was wonderin if anyone has success runnin this skimmer on this size tank.
i want a well fed and clean system for my sps

would love to hear peoples experience

i had one on my 75. It was the ATB small (ehiem pump). It did great. No issues. I have a 10.5a for my 200 gallon now.

thanks for the response

is the atb small similar or beter than the atb840 2 with the mini airstar pump?

anybody else have experience? the more feedback the better

I have one on a 72g bow with a butterfly, a tang, a multibarred angel and three clownfish. Not much bioload. Still it pulls out gunk consistently.

How do you know if a skimmer is doing a good job on a particular system? :)

I have one on a 72g bow with a butterfly, a tang, a multibarred angel and three clownfish. Not much bioload. Still it pulls out gunk consistently.

How do you know if a skimmer is doing a good job on a particular system? :)

good point
i just want to know if it is pulling gunk cuz in my system it duznt pull anything out

and i have a kole tang
six line
damsel
solaris wrasse
psudochromis
and clown

the only other thing i can think of is that i used the airline tubing from my sro 1000 and put it on the atb. i dont know if that would make a difference

also if u dont mind me asking, do u feed the tank heavy

I am using an ATB 840 V2 with my +/- 70 gallon system, and it does great. I was a little concerned when I first bought it that it would be too oversized, and wouldn't skim, but I have had no trouble at all. Really a great skimmer.

thanks for the response

is the atb small similar or beter than the atb840 2 with the mini airstar pump?

anybody else have experience? the more feedback the better

Hi, I have the ATB Small, it basically identical to the 840 model, when I talked with ATB, they changed the Eheim out for a cheaper pump and was able to lower the price to be more competitive. Go for it, skims like crazy on my 120 SPS tank.

Back