Anyone running a Pax-Bellum A.R.I.D.?

MrHarvard

"ship it"
Curious if anyone local has purchased one of the Pax-Bellum A.I.R.D. and if so how they like it. For anyone who doesn't know what they are it's worth checking out its a pretty neat design. The unit is basically a self contained macro algae scrubber for people with limited space who want to run a scrubber. The ingenuity of the LED heat pipe tthat's incorporated into the lighting is pretty sick. The unit basically grows macro algae (like chaeto) insanely fast and in turn is great for nutrient export and adding oxygen back into your system and it's all housed in what more or less looks like a reactor. They are definitely pricey but really cool non the less. Well the site won't allow me to share the link to the write up on RB page so gonna have to just Google it to check it out.

I was thinking of picking up their Nano version at $199 from them direct, but I waited and they started selling through retailers only. As a result the price for the same item went to $450. At those prices they will remain a boutique item or else fail completely.

Back