Anyone try 2 Angels in their Reef

benf

Premium Member
I have an adolescent Emperor Angel now and was looking at adding a female Bellus Angel. Anyone try these together...not necessarily the exact 2 but, tried large Angel species with Medium size Angel species? I have seen Large with Pygmy work.

thanks
Ben

Aquarist007

two dwarfs don't seem to week. I bought a flame angel and put it in with a coral beauty---it lasted overnight--ouch

jda

Dogmatic Dinosaur
I think that those two would get along in a 200G tank. I have mixed large angels with genicanthus before.

Kahuna Tuna

In my old system I kept a pair of black spot genicanthus with a fairly large asfur. The asfur ignored them at first but started going after the male and eventually worried it to death. It also ignored the female for a while but eventually turned on her as well but I was able to remove her. Every fish is different but emps have a rap for being aggressive towards other angels and it probably depends on the individual fish. My asfur definately didn't like other angels and tangs.

benf

Premium Member
thanks for the input!! Maybe i will skip the bellus...cause the angel already owns the tank, putting the tangs in their place.

jda

Dogmatic Dinosaur
FWIW, right now I have:

2 Female Swallowtails in with a Chrysurus in a 125G
Emp, Male Caudo and Flagfin in my 210G

Chelsey

Clownfish Addict
Premium Member
I know someone that has:
-Eibli
-Watanabi
-Flame
-Brazillian Flameback
and I think one more pygmy angel, in a 450 gallon. I'm almost sure that he's got 5-6 in his tank, just can't remember off the top of my head what the other one/two are.

RichConley

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9874989#post9874989 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by capn_hylinur
two dwarfs don't seem to week. I bought a flame angel and put it in with a coral beauty---it lasted overnight--ouch

Thats got nothing to do with them being 2 dwarfs, and everything to do with you putting a fish into a cometitor's territory.

Plenty of people keep multiple dwarfs together in tanks smaller than yours, they just need to be introduced correctly.

nysbadmk8

Premium Member
Two dwarfs in a reef? I have 4. albeit im 150g tank with about 350-400lbs of rock.. I have a flame angel, yellow tail, potter's, and half black. No problems, maybe a nip once in a blue moon. Im looking to add a african flameback as soon as i can get one.

all added at diffrent times.

now.. only if i could get rid of my dusky dottyback