Anyone try 2 Angels in their Reef

benf

Premium Member
I have an adolescent Emperor Angel now and was looking at adding a female Bellus Angel. Anyone try these together...not necessarily the exact 2 but, tried large Angel species with Medium size Angel species? I have seen Large with Pygmy work.

thanks
Ben

two dwarfs don't seem to week. I bought a flame angel and put it in with a coral beauty---it lasted overnight--ouch

I think that those two would get along in a 200G tank. I have mixed large angels with genicanthus before.

In my old system I kept a pair of black spot genicanthus with a fairly large asfur. The asfur ignored them at first but started going after the male and eventually worried it to death. It also ignored the female for a while but eventually turned on her as well but I was able to remove her. Every fish is different but emps have a rap for being aggressive towards other angels and it probably depends on the individual fish. My asfur definately didn't like other angels and tangs.

thanks for the input!! Maybe i will skip the bellus...cause the angel already owns the tank, putting the tangs in their place.

FWIW, right now I have:

2 Female Swallowtails in with a Chrysurus in a 125G
Emp, Male Caudo and Flagfin in my 210G

I know someone that has:
-Eibli
-Watanabi
-Flame
-Brazillian Flameback
and I think one more pygmy angel, in a 450 gallon. I'm almost sure that he's got 5-6 in his tank, just can't remember off the top of my head what the other one/two are.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9874989#post9874989 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by capn_hylinur
two dwarfs don't seem to week. I bought a flame angel and put it in with a coral beauty---it lasted overnight--ouch

Thats got nothing to do with them being 2 dwarfs, and everything to do with you putting a fish into a cometitor's territory.

Plenty of people keep multiple dwarfs together in tanks smaller than yours, they just need to be introduced correctly.

Two dwarfs in a reef? I have 4. albeit im 150g tank with about 350-400lbs of rock.. I have a flame angel, yellow tail, potter's, and half black. No problems, maybe a nip once in a blue moon. Im looking to add a african flameback as soon as i can get one.

all added at diffrent times.

now.. only if i could get rid of my dusky dottyback

Back